How's everyone doing?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maherwoman

Reaction score
I just wanted to post something asking how everyone's been doing...

I hope everyone's wonderful! Either way, let us know if you need prayer/good thoughts! :)

As for me:

I have a funeral to go to tomorrow for Danny's grandpa on his stepfather's side. Wonderful man...was 91, so lived a long life full of love. I don't know how Danny's grandmother's going to take losing her husband...tomorrow is their anniversary, so it'll be rough on her.

Ever feel like you're just surrounded by death? That's how I've felt lately...

Anyway, other than that, the abdomenal pain has lessened...and in talking to a few friends, I really think it was a physical manifestation of stress (especially when you take into consideration that it comes back when I start feeling stress again).

Pray for me that tomorrow I don't just break down completely about all the losses recently...I'm not worried about a psychological breakdown, or anything like that. I just don't want to be in a deeply grieving state, as those are so horrible and so hard to pull out of...if that makes sense.

Anyway, tell me how YOU are doing!!

Hugs to all,

Rosie*

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts Rosie :pink iris:

It's been hectic here - we've gone through blizzards, ice storms and record low temperatures this week and everyone has been sick. Finally got Matthew to the doctor today, but the pharmacy is out of drugs - hopefully Matthew's scripts will be in by tomorrow. I have also been sick this week, and just trying to keep up on stuff around the house and organized for scouts.

I'm sure I'd have a breakdown if I could schedule it in - but there's just no time.

I did scrub my carpets this week - life is good :sunshine:

Pam

pam, what did they end up saying about his headaches?

Rosie - I've been here, just kinda fighting the last of that flu bug - this cough is going to kill me!

I hope things go well at the funeral. I'm so sorry to hear of it. I am glad it was someone who lived a long life! those are deaths that seem at least normal.

The MRI didn't show anything indicating a cause of Ryan'smigraines. The meds aren't helping much, so I told him to finish up his refill, then go back to discuss other options with the doctor.

Pam

Wow, will be praying for you guys !!:(

I am have been better, can't hake the depression left over from now, not taking anti depressants. I DO feel a million times better though than I did when on meds. Thinking of going on 5HTP, anyone heard of it?

Getting a new hutch tomorrow, a large one on stands.
Have not been around all week because my baby turned ONE!!

Been baking, doing invitations etc etc and the party went well, small turn out but it rained so venue had to be changed.

My 2 older kids are going well, just started back at school so there was all the usual prep like stationary, meet the teacher etc etc.

My partner is now working insane hours so he leaves at 6.30am and is back at arund 8pm so I am struggling to manage 3 children, 4 rabbits, 2 guinea pigs, 2 cats, housework, meals etc and the shadow of depression following my every step.

But otherwise I am ok ;)
Trying to lose some weight.:) And get rid of my acne...yikes over 30 now and still get nasty acne. Thinking too of long term birth control as am terrified of another baby, the PND was enough for me. I would love more children but I think its just not for me.

No plans so far for V day but happy Vlentines day to you all, my friends on RO.
Miss you guys,

Take care...Lisa:)

Ugh...I don't have any Valentine's Day plans either, for about the third year in a row. Yet again, Danny didn't plan ahead, has no gift...and to top it all off, we have a funeral in the morning this year! :grumpy:

Man, HE really should have just something very small for you. I am very old fashioned and I think that particlarly witht the funeral as well, e should at least see how tired and emotional you are adn cheer you up with flowers, a little note or/AND a meal;)

5-HTP is a precursor for serotonin, which is 5-HT. Most depression medications directly affect the serotonergic system in the brain, which is your "happy" neurotransmitter. Slight increases as well as slight decreases of it in your synapses (the gaps between each neuron) are linked to anxiety and depression. That is why a common treatment option is a class of medications known as SSRI's (selected serotonin reuptake inhibitors).

Be careful with 5-HTP though as it is correlated with something called Serotonin Syndrome, also found in teenagers who use too much Ecstacy at raves or something stupid like that. It's deadly, and typically causes coma and shock. Make sure you go to a reputable doctor, preferrably a psychiatrist to prescribe that to you, because they know the proper dosages much better than any other type of doctor, even family medicine.

Good luck, Lemon! Love you!

Tracy

We're doing pretty good here.....

I miss Tiny like I can't even put into words. Today my second call of the day was a 26 minute all and it was horrid. It was so hard - normally when I had a hard call - he'd get up and come over by my feet (if he wasn't already by them) and start giving me kisses. Later in the day - I had four rough calls in a row and of course, no Tiny. I almost cried over missing him.

I think the hardest part of this right now is Miss Bea. She is eating and drinking and stuff - but she is still very upset.

She has actually been desperate enough for my attention to nudge me twice (like Tiny used to do) and if I sit down on the floor and call her over - the odds are 50/50 that she'll come running and let me rub her ears and pet her.

I think it would be easier to deal with the loss if she wasn't hurting so much too.

Work is going well for Art....so at least there isn't any stress in our marriage from that (he loves his job 99% of the time). Hard to believe we celebrate our 29th anniversary in August - or that he turns 50 in October....where has the time gone?

I think though that the neatest thing is.....I've made it through all the recent losses (even Tiny) without turning to liquor, drugs (even prescription) or sinking into depression and becoming non-functional - which is one of my normal coping mechanisms....

So how are we? Better than we could be!

:biggrin2:

We are all good here :).

I've been able to maintain my grades somewhat, lol.
They give us soo much homework everynight though!

My Dad got my mom a beautiful diamond peace necklace, and she loved it soo much!
I think it really brightened her day.

She is out getting her cast off right now! She was so excited, hehe!

Hope you all had a wonderful Valentines Day!

Latest posts

Back