Howdy from Sharon, Ron, Dart and Truffle

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DartANrun

Reaction score
:shock: Uh, hopefully, I'm doing this right. I found this forum through someone on Craigslist. My husband and I have been blessed with four rabbits. The first two were wild or feral babies one of my cats caught and brought in. The first, Tidbit, casually hopped across the floor in front of the TV. My hubby and I looked at it, at each other, "What is THAT?! My hubby picked him up and this was the calmest little bunny! We set up a cage though he slept mainly in one of our pockets. He made it very clear that was where he was supposed to be. He was a hoot! Sadly, painfully, he only lived with us for five days, seeming to die from seizures. The second was terrified from the start and died within a day. We were heart broken. I shared this with a friend and she introduced me to a bunny she was trying to find a home for and I melted. I had no idea bunnies purred! I think he's a Netherland Dwarf, a very deep chocolate guy with a baby bunny sized head. We named him Truffle.
I love fiber and looked into Angora bunnies. I want, I want! I saw an ad for a Jersey Wooley, looked it up and it seemed to be Angora bunny, and cute as could be. I went to check him out, fell in love, and brought him home. He is a little pisser! Truffle has issues over food and litter box (first person almost killed him, fed him when they felt like it, never cleaned the cage, second saved him and socialized him) He also likes things just so. Dart, the JW, is completely opposite :bunnydance:. He tears through their house throwing things around, kicking out the litter, enthusiastically grooming the staid Truffle, and generally making a mess of the place. We may change their names to Oscar and Felix... Thankfully, Truffle ended up being head bunny, though he had to be persistent with the young'un. It all works though, Truffle is our "Love bug" and Dart is the "entertainer." Dart has already given my quite a lot of Bunny hair to spin and he isn't even a year old yet:D

OK, I think I'm done. Oop, nope. My Hubby and I live in South Central Alaska, green belt of this great state.

See ya,
Sharon

:wave:hello from me and my rexes. i have a scarf knitted from angora bunny fluff - very warm but gets a bit itchy. i knit and crochet but have never learned to spin. another thing on the to do list:D

edited due to misplaced smiley:biggrin2:

Hi and Welcome sharon. Your buns r real cute in your profile pic. I dont think u rambled at all lol We love pics here so plz post lots of them :)

Let me welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

I’ve listed some links I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, How to put photo's in your posts.

This the best site on the web for bunnies and I look forward to hearing stories and looking at pictures of your rabbits.

Hi,

Oooh rexes. They look and feel so velvety! An itchy angora scarf! Hmm, all the more reason to learn how to spin. Even luxury fibers can get ruined in processing. You, uh, can do it, uh, you, uh, can do it, uh. Think of a cheer leader.:pinkelepht: My students can get a little sick of me... Wow! That elephant cheerleader is making me feel tired!

Uh-oh! I posted this and it didn't end up under who I replied to... This is to Hartly Bun

Sharon

Cool! you are obviously pictorally blessed! How did you get the pics to change in your avatar? If it says how to in here somewhere, no need to reply. I'll find it soon. OH, that was to, argh...memory, something 77. Cool77?

Thanks,
Sharon

Wow WabbitDaddy! I'll be spending some time in the library! After looking through the breeds, I don't think Truffle is a Netherland dwarf. He looks a bit more like a Polish. He's probably a bunny mutt, who knows?

Thanks,
Sharon

DartANrun wrote:
Uh-oh! I posted this and it didn't end up under who I replied to... This is to Hartly Bun

Sharon

:biggrin2:thank you! dont worry it doesnt always end up under the one you want to reply to.
:bunnydance::bunnydance:

Latest posts

Back