How to stop nibbling

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KiwisMom

Reaction score
Kiwi had started nibbling on me. Sometime when I lay on the floor and she's hopping around, she sniffs and nibbles on me. My question would be, what would be the proper way to discourage her from this behavior? I've just been pushing her away and saying " No Kiwi " but I'm wondering if their is a better way to go about it. She started this last night and seems to be doing it more often.

Mine used to nip. I put my hand on top of their head and say NO. I don't push down, just light pressure on the head so it is like another bunny making them submit but not hard so there's no injury. It didn't take too long for them to get it.

Particularly when they are young I think bunnies tend to nip because that is how they communicate with other rabbits. They nip to say "move it" or "pay attention to me". It's your job to effectively communicate they can't nip the furless bunny (ie you). It's much nicer when they switch to nose bonks to make their point. :)

Back