How to play with Bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pangster

Reaction score
Hello the topic might sounds odd and i have myhoney bunny for about 4 months and i think she is pretty happy! But howdo you really play with a bunny?
I usually just leave all the toys in the living room for Honey to playwith and she would sometimes goes to me and i will talk and stroke her!
Is that really enough? Because i see dogs and cats you can throw themtoys and things and they will go and play with you. I suppose isdifferent but i just want to play with Honey incase she is bored! And iwant to know that i am doing the right thing because she is my firstrabbit and i want her to be happy! She deserves the best!! :D
She is a superstar bunny! :star:

That is a good questionthere pangster how do you play with your bunny, my bunnies just sherdthe wallpaper or just wants to follow me around, how do you play withyour rabbit ?

I lay on the floor and let them climb all overme like I'm a jungle gym....they love it. I'll take a book ornewspaper and lay there and read while they play...I try to use anewspaper because they'll come and try to steal it from me and chew onit.

I also have balls and stuff for my bunnies - but sometimes they justlove to be able to run around and explore - and dig - they LOVE todig...

Peg

Peg and I play with our rabbits in the sameway. Just goes to show that great minds thinkalike.:p Mocha, my Polish, also sometimes likes to be chasedand will play fight sometimes. Loki, my dutch, is starting toencourage us to chase him now.

To play fight, I scratch my nails along the carpet, moving my handtowards her, sometimes tapping my fingers on the floor. Shejumps near or past my hand, batting at the air. I know she'splaying and not feeling threatened because she alwaysbinkies.

It's hard to explain when a rabbit wants to be chased inplay. Sometimes mine will do a bunny 500, stopping in frontof me and occasionally will thump their feet while staring at me ifit's taking me a long time to get the idea. Sometimes theyjust look at me in a certain way. Bunnies that are happy tobe chased will also binky and will stop and make sure you don't get toofar behind. Slow humans!

Some rabbits will throw things back to you. Mocha did it fora day or two after she got the new shelf in her cage. Shewould throw her toys down to hear them make noise. We wouldjust help her get them back up again. A coworker of mine whoused to breed for 4H told me his rabbits would play catch with him,more or less.

I play tug of war with my rabbits. They'll betossing a paper towel tube or something, so I hold it firmly enoughwhere they have to tug at it. They love it.

Stephanie wrote:
I play tug of war with my rabbits. They'll be tossing apaper towel tube or something, so I hold it firmly enough where theyhave to tug at it. They love it.
Oh, yeah! Loki likes to do that. But only with my"Rabbit Health in the 21st Century" book. Grrr.You'd think he'd want to keep that one whole!

Bindy likes empty loo rolls, chasing our feet, digging in a towel and binkies are always on display here!

She has taken to a new game lately where she runs behind the curtains,she goes in one end and scoots along the window sil and out the otherend, it's funny, when I see her do it I say "bunny goes in" "bunnycomes out" LOL

Our window in our loungeroom goes almost to our floor.

However the most rcent toy and the thing she loves the most besidescurtains is a tunnel we got her, she runs through it, hieds in it, digsin it, pokes her head through the holes to see if we are watching andthen scoots out the end of it at full speed!!

Bindy and the towel....

100_0214.jpg

Bindys Tunnel

100_0220.jpg

100_0219.jpg

TinysMom wrote:
WHERE did you get that tunnel? It's adorable!!!!!

Peg

I got it at a pet store near us, there was that one and another onethat was leopard print furry type one, I chose this one because thematerial it's made from can be wiped down if there are any "accidents"and the holes in the top are fun for her to pop her head through :D...

best part about this tunnel is it all fold up and slips into its ownbuilt in bag (which is the blue part of thr tunnel up the top)

It's actually a tunnel for cats and it came with fluffy ball thingys hanging inside it as well, but we pulled them out.

I did a google on cat tunnels and this is similar to the leopard one Iwas saying, but if you look for cat tunnels you could find one you like.

http://www.handsnpaws.com/product/NETOYZWB79530

I get on all fours and say (in a babyish way :p)"Where's dem bunnies?" and I crawl towards them. They usually binky andrun off, letting me catch up with them and do it again. Hubby thinksI'm crazy:foreheadsmack:.

They also love tug-o'-war with the toilet tube, and have baby keys andtoys to throw around. Perry especially loves a cardboard tunnel wehave. When he's not racing through it, he's chewing it.

Jan

I tend to be busy or gone when its playtime(darn work and other needs) so I join in by building them playplaces. Look and the topic Loki and mocha's homepageto see the toys I have built so far.

;) Thank you all of you guys, sorry for the late reply i was out shopping haha!!
The tunnel you have is so cool, i want to buy one for Honey too!!

Yes my bunny loves toliet rolls and kitchen towels roll or kitchentowel the paper one! But i was worry because she seems to be eatingthem, is it safe for her to eat the paper rolls? I also gaveher a shoe box, she loved it at the beginning and now she doesnt liketo play with it anymore!

Sorry but you mentioned about bunny500 that bunny thump the feet, i thought that means they are angry?? Am i wrong?

My Honey sometimes thump her foot and i didnt know what it means and i thought she was unhappy!!?

Thank you for the links i will try to look for some lovely toys for honey online!
Thank you all of you for your helps!!

I will try to post some more Honey photos on the post next time!

Speak to you all soon!!

LuvaBun wrote:
Iget on all fours and say (in a babyish way :p) "Where's dem bunnies?"and I crawl towards them. They usually binky and run off, letting mecatch up with them and do it again. Hubby thinks I'mcrazy:foreheadsmack:.

They also love tug-o'-war with the toilet tube, and have baby keys andtoys to throw around. Perry especially loves a cardboard tunnel wehave. When he's not racing through it, he's chewing it.

Jan

I bought Honey a cardboard tunnel too but she doesnt seems to beinterested in that, she went through it a few times and thatsit! She doesnt even chew it haha!

I think the Wheres dem bunnies one is quite good i might try it haha!
Honey is like a baby anyway haha!!

Pangster, mine thump their feet when they wantattention. Sometimes they are irritated that I'm not payingenough attention to them. They also thump if they are scaredor if they think they are going to be picked up.

Mr. Z will play toss the toilet paper roll andpaper towel roll with me. He played hide and seek in a littlebox I had hole cut in one night. He will play chase a littlebit. He also plays "you cann't see me" behind one of thecouch cushions.

Ed

Tyr loves it when I gently bop him on theforehead with a finger. He always runs and binkies when I do. Can't forthe life of my figure out why. Usually just thinking of how they'd playin the wild and adjust it to domesticated life and you'll have a goodidea of what kind of games to play.

:D Thank you guys!!
I have checked the tunnel for honey to play and i think i am going tobuy her one as well! I saw so many on ebay if you guys want to have alook and get something nice for your beloved bunnies!!

Honey was out before and she was so funny trying to get up the stairsbut i have already blocked the stairs with some handbags haha but youcan see she was thinking and trying so hard!! Whats a weeshame!! She is so cute!

Our polish dwarf (mocha) will mostly ignorebarriers if she was never beyond them or can't see over them.But if she had been on the other sided of the barrier at any time, shewill spend hours trying to find a way over it. Even going asfar as to go Jackie Chan and take a push off the wall in mid air a timeor two to get the vertical distance.

Latest posts

Back