how to play with bun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

truvy

Reaction score
i'd like some advice on how to bond and play with my bunny. she loves being out of her cage but she usually starts being destructive or just lying down. she doesnt seem to want to interact with me too much. how can i liven her up a bit?

You could try getting the bunny to take treats from your hands, so she starts associating interacting with you with good things to eat. Try giving her nose pets, using the back of your hand running up from her nose to her ears. If she likes it, you can stroke her ears, too - most bunnies like that.

7648_062127_070000002.jpg

You can also try stroking the sides of her jaw:
7648_062127_070000000.jpg

The only real interactive play I've had with Natasha has been with a plastic slinky. I bounce it in front of her, and she loves to grab it and see how far she can stretch it. Then she lets go and chases the slinky back.

7648_232028_340000003.jpg

What I do with my bun is - he likes to follow me around, if I walk he's hopping behind me, so I run from one end of the room to the next and he chases me. He's done that since the 3rd day I had him. He also likes being pet from his nose to his back legs. I tried playing with him with toys, but he won't have a thing to do with them unless it's a chew toy on the floor for him.

Just figure out what your bun likes and work around that. :)

thanks for the advice! i pet her everyday, she loves the cheek rubs and the full body pet from nose to tail! :) she jumps on me only when i have a raisin for her (figures), and i do let her chase me if shes in the mood. but sometimes, she just seems like she doesnt know what to do with herself. :) i guess i will figure it out with time

You may want to get a large cardboard box and cut holes in it for a "playhouse".

You can also take empty toilet paper tubes and put hay inside and let her try to get the hay out or destroy the tube.

Perhaps a digging box would work - with some sand or something....or even just a bunch of crumpled up flyers in the box to paw through.

Some rabbits like things like the little plastic measuring cups - throwing them around if you put it in front of them. (Zeus likes to throw my glasses off the bed...).

One thing Leo likes to do is I cut up little rings out of toilet paper rolls and he likes to toss them around. He will take it out of my hand and kind of toss it around and go pick it back up and toss it again.

Plus he likes to chew on them too.

Latest posts

Back