How to match up bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleEskimo

Reaction score
I have been wanting to get my rabbit a buddy since I have gotten her spayed. I try to spend time with her and everything but she always seems bored or lonely and just lays there and has some food (its gotten worse since autumn has gotten very wet and I cant let her out much :/) and I was going to save up for a nice big hutch and adopt her a male neutured buddy to help keep her company and to give an abandoned bunny a new home. But I have heardpairing personalities is the key to a realationship...Does that mean I have to choose a particular one or can any rabbit do if introduced and bonded properly?? Rosie is very nosey, inquisitive, friendly, loves company and likes to be a little naughty but can be a little bossy and fiesty when shes having a bad day. What kind of male rabbit would I be looking for? It all seems very hard because how can you tell a rabbit will act with another rabbit around? Is it just hit and miss or is there a particular way about this? Thanks :)

Hi some rabbit rescue centres will allow you to take your rabbit with you when looking for a bunny friend for Rosie and some will even bond it for you for a small donation.

We have been in the process of bonding bunnies at the moment and we have just bonded a Netherland Dwarf with a Netherland Dwarf Cross and it's took ages as she was playing hard to get but they are now happy together and in love.

At the end of the day I think Rosie will let you know who she likes and who she doesn't
:)

Oh good idea :) I hope they will let me, it might make it easier if I pick a rabbit I know she might have a thing for ;) If they dont succesfully get along back at home though would I be able to return him and try out another to see if they match??? I have been reading up about rabbit bonding and different ways to do it and know it can take as long as it needs to to bond but I hope if I do it right I wont have to search for the right one. So I guess its just pot luck with it then right??

When I got Sweetie I had her for a few months before getting her a bondmate. I got Prince in January 2009 and I introduced them. Guess what, they bonded instantly. Now sometimes that happens with some rabbits, others take longer to bond.

I hope you find the right bunny friend for Rosie.

Latest posts

Back