How To Make Sure A Pet Sitter Knows What To Do

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nuage

Reaction score
I'm going to New Jersey in September and my grandmother who owned rabbits will watch Oreo. She hasn't owned rabbits for a couple of years (5 or 6) and needs a refresher. Would it be a good idea to come the day before and show her what to do?

Write a check list of everything she should do and as a reminder. It becomes a lot easier when you have a list on the things to do. Myself often let my dad take care of my bunnies. I only let him fill up the hay every day, change water and clean at least once a week.

Depending on how long I’m gone, my bunnies will only have a hay diet ☺️ Otherwise I write the exact messurment and what time to give the food. The pellets will also have the measurement cup in it. Just to make sure my dad don’t do anything stupid.

Showing is always a good idea.

I'd also agree with making a list --- but keep it extremely short and simple.

for example:
morning: refill hay, replace water
evening: refill hay, one scoop of pellets

Of course, have the right size scoops, etc.,

ok! my grandmother is having me over the night before to show her what to do and i will write out a list. thank you!

We put together a simple PowerPoint deck (4-5 slides) detailing what the pet-sitter should do and where to find the materials. I also put together video clips so that the pet-sitter (typically a relative or friend) could follow those exact instructions, if they preferred video to slides.

I highly, highly recommend you do one of these options, if not show them in person (since invariably they will have questions for you). You definitely don't want them to come in cold.

Back