How to get hotot "without hotot"?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manda!

Reaction score
Hi!

I was wondering, how it could be possible to get hotot, without using any hotot? Is it right, there needs to be dutch and checkered rabbit to get hotot? (after many generations)

Yea, that would be the easiest way, but around here nobody breeds hotots. :/ And I would like to have small sized hotot. I think someone breeds bigger hotots in neighbour countries..

Awe! I wish I were closer...I would love to help you get started with this breed. I'm not sure how you would get an hotot without one to breed with. I'm sure it took many years and generations of rabbits to make the breed. Maybe the larger hotot breeders might have a runt or one on the smaller side if you're just wanting a pet.

The large Hotot (Blanc De Hotot) is actually related to the Dwarf Hotot. Are there any REW or Black Netherland Dwarfs available in your area? Dwarf Hotots are thought to have come from crosses of Blanc De Hotots and REW and black Netherland Dwarfs.

Here is a brief history of Dwarf Hotots that I found on the American Dwarf Hotot Rabbit Club's website.

http://www.adhrc.com/ADHRC Web2 About.htm

Hope that helps! :)

Back