how to gain bunny's weight? ++ can they eat mulberry tree leaves?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryne

Reaction score
Hi! My pet snowball is recently getting thinner. She eats hay, romaine lettuce, sometimes parsley and banana. Her daily diet consists of hay and water. She also has oxbow pellets but as of the moment they are not yet delivered so she hasn't had any. Any tips for weight gain? I was told that mulberry leaves are safe for bunnies to eat, is this true? Is it also for their weight gain? Please leave some food my bunny can try. Thanks!

Everything I see shows Mulberry leaves as safe for rabbits. Still, I'd introduce them in small amounts to start- give her tummy time to adjust to them.

How old is this rabbit and what kind of hay is being fed?

Also, do you free feed the hay, making sure it never runs out, and give fresh hay at least once or twice a day? Have you checked to make sure your rabbit is eating the hay really well, and is consuming a pile of hay that is at least the size of your rabbits body, per day?

Everything I see shows Mulberry leaves as safe for rabbits. Still, I'd introduce them in small amounts to start- give her tummy time to adjust to them.

How old is this rabbit and what kind of hay is being fed?
My rabbit is a year old and timothy hay is being fed to her.

Also, do you free feed the hay, making sure it never runs out, and give fresh hay at least once or twice a day? Have you checked to make sure your rabbit is eating the hay really well, and is consuming a pile of hay that is at least the size of your rabbits body, per day?
Hello! Actually, the hay runs out in the middle of the day :( I think that's my mistake. I was planning to buy a hay feeder where i can put all the hay and it won't spill because she always spills it. She eats the hay really well though.

Back