How to choose

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gailminster

Reaction score
I'm getting some buns brought over. I don't know what they'ed be used for (May breed and show.) How should I choose?

Well that really all depends on why you're getting a rabbit.

If you're looking for a pet, you should really just look for the rabbit that seems to have a personality that best suits you and your lifestyle. Make sure the bunny looks healthy without discharge from eyes etc. Many bunnies will be timid around new people, but if you spend a bit of time with each of them you should start to see a bit of their personality.

If you are looking for a breed/show bun you need to look at that breeds standard of perfection. And look at which one is closest to the perfection. Now brood animals aren't always the prettiest of the lot but are what you want for a good mom and close to what you're looking for in that breed. What breed are you looking to show?

Mini Rex's are a huge group at shows. Good luck and like I said learn the standard of perfection as best as you can and go to shows to see what you should look for.

Back