How thing's are going with Cassidy...my blind bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheryl

Reaction score
My little boy Cassidy started going blind quite a few month's back now....he's fully blind now,

In the beginning he found it very hard to adjust to a new way of living,he seemed to be very sad most time's,that's just expected though i suppose....not being able to see but having to sense his way around....it's heart breaking to have to watch....but as long as i leave everything in it's place,he does fine.

I have to say though,that now he think's he's just the most clever little bunny...he has adjusted so well that he doesn't bump into thing's muchanymore....maybe just every now and again though.....he know's when it's tea time cause he sense's the other bunnies getting excited and he follow's them....i just find it so amazing and every time it put's a smile on my face...

Cassidy is an amazing little boy...although it's been sad watching him from being able to see to being blind......he just make's me feel so proud of him

He's still my Cassidy...love's his pet's and attention

:D

Awwwe thanks for sharing. that is really good to hear that he is doing well. he sounds like a smart bunny...

(not that I knew you had a blind bunny... but it's still good to hear!!)

Yeah...he really is so very special.....my little girl Lulu who left me on August 07 was blind as well....with her i think i took it harder than she did....i cried cause i knew she would never see me again....she found it hard to adjust as wellbut once she adapted to it she was jumping on the lounge and everything:shock:...such an angel she was.

They just amaze me....Cassidy and Lulu are the only two blind bunnies that i have dealt with..but when i found out that Cassidy was going blind my heart sank cause i just didn't want another bunny to lose their sight....we all just want our pet's to be happy and healthy......actually you know...when he first started losing his sight....he would just sit there and look sad....i would call and call him but he would just ignore me which is a bit unusual...i thought he was going deaf as well...and i was thinking ohh no my poor boy....but he wasn't going deaf....he was just being stubbourn...i think he was justunhappy....i don't know.

I'm happy that he doesn't have that sad look like he did in the beginning...he's a much happier bunny now....and as i keep on saying..i'm just so proud of my little boy.

Patti...i'm certain that little bunny will do very well....they are just the most amazing creature's....

Ohh i will take some new picture's of Cassidy tomorrow and post them...he's so sweet:)

I thought i would just post a few picture's of my Cassidy...i took these picture's just about an hour ago.....for some reason he has alway's reminded me of a koala bear lol

087-1.jpg

084.jpg

082.jpg

079.jpg

073.jpg

066-1.jpg

Awww, he's so sweet! I somehow got koala bears and pandas mixed up for a minute, so I was thinking 'he doesn't look anything like a koala, how strange!' and then I realised I had it wrong lol! :embarrassed:

Now I have it right, he DOES look like a little koala bear! :D

I'm glad he's adjusted to losing his sight so well. Bunnies are amazing creatures the stuff they adapt to.... :)

Yeah i really do just find it so amazing...i wish so much that he wasn't blind though...but at least he can still do most thing's as normal....he's such a good little boy alway's has been.

Haha and yeah sometime's he just remind's me of a cute little koala....i think it's the grey around his nose.

As an Australian, I would just like to point out that koalas aren't bears :)

but they are cute... although you wouldn't want to pat them because they have big claws!

Cassidy is cute too :)

crystal wrote:
As an Australian, I would just like to point out that koalas aren't bears :)

Ohh yes i do know that of course...it's just a habit of me saying that ;)

Cassidy say's thankyou very much

It was an ok day here today....the afternoon was kinda sunny but there was still that coldness in the air....but the weather was clear so i took Cassidy outside to play for a few hour's...he enjoyed himself so much...but i do have to keep a close eye on him though cause he's lost that familiarity with the back yard...he'll check thing's out very slowly....it's sad to see cause once he would zoom around the back...it's the last day of Autumn here...tomorrow..the 1st of Juneis the first day of winter *shiver's with the thought*.

Hey Jan....yep Cassidy is still my same little boy...and boy that cardboard box he's in....he absolutely love's it....he's alway's in there!

Cassidy just did a funny thing....i'm sitting here in my loungeroom watching masterchef Australia and i just happen to spot Cassidy with the empty box of shapes (they're biscuits here) he was trying to see if there were any left....oh my gosh his head was in the box lol and it got a bit stuck lol....Jeremy had to take it of him...haha funny boy..it made me laugh so much.....these are the time's i need my camera handy.....silly boy.

cheryl wrote:
It was an ok day here today....the afternoon was kinda sunny but there was still that coldness in the air....but the weather was clear so i took Cassidy outside to play for a few hour's...he enjoyed himself so much...but i do have to keep a close eye on him though cause he's lost that familiarity with the back yard...he'll check thing's out very slowly....it's sad to see cause once he would zoom around the back...it's the last day of Autumn here...tomorrow..the 1st of Juneis the first day of winter *shiver's with the thought*.

Cassidy is so cute....

First day of winter for you... that makes me shiver thinking about it. I am just getting used to the fact it is warm here in upstate NY - we get about six or seven months of winter here on my hill.

Denise

Thankyou Denise....he's such a lovely boy...i cannot describe enough how much i adore him....he is a wonderful natured boy....always has been....i just wish so much that he wasn't blind....but i know that he isn't letting that worry him....it's just me worrying for him.

And oh my gosh..i'm so glad we don't get the cold weather for as long as you guy's do...i dislike winter...and i'm alway's happy when spring arrives.

Latest posts

Back