How the kits did at adoption day

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fergi

Reaction score
Right here..."pointing finger to pa, Minnesota, US
Well, out of the four that went up, one womanwants a female to bond with her neutered male. I am bringing them tothe vet today to have him sex the kits(hopefully he is savvy enough todo a good job, he is a rabbit savvy vet, at least thats what he says!)Then the woman can come and pick out which female she wants. I gave herthe forum info because she had questions on bonding so I hope to seeher here! They will be going again on Friday for display. So two bunsdown and three to go! We are keeping the one named Prancer (Tony getsto rename it once we know it's sex) he is the one that is justdetermined to get lots of love, he even grinds his little teeth already!

Fergi's mom

This is very bittersweet news. I'm going to miss those kits!

-Carolyn

If only I had been rich and owned a farm, I wouldhave hundreds of animals, all different kinds! Soon I can join theworkforce with my degree and then hopefully save enough for a downpayment on a farm with acerage. Then I will never have to find a homefor an animal again, I can just keep them all!

I am gonna miss them so much, they have been a source of endlessentertainment and a constant reminder of my beautiful Ben. I takesolace in the fact that I can at least keep one. I wish I had moreroom!!!

Fergi's mom

I agree, it is bitter-sweet news.

At least the good news is that they will get more individual attention now.

I understand completely, Fergi.

By the way, Buck Jones gave me the most beautiful print of a FlemishGiant that he had gotten from his History of Domestic Rabbitsbook. (Isn't that where you ordered it from, Buck?)It's absolutely beautiful, he even had it professionally framed forme.

The Flemish is the same color as Diva. We both thought of herimmediately. It was taken from the Fur and Feathersmagazine cover from theMay 1922 edition. You shouldcheck it out. It's amazing how the breed has changed fromthen to now.

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
...Bythe way, Buck Jones gave me the most beautiful print of a Flemish Giantthat he had gotten from his History of Domestic Rabbitsbook. (Isn't that where you ordered it from,Buck?)....
Yes it is. Author, Bob D. Whitman, offers reproductions ofany prints or photos depicted inhis book at a verynominalprice.

For Christmas, Santa brought the Missusa framed print of twoDutches, a black and a blue, in honor of our departed Maxieand current Ernestine. That color print was originally from aFur and Feather magazine dated 1931.

For more information, link to: http://www.rarebitsandpieces.com

Buck

Oh, I hope and pray you find good homes for all of them but I sure wish one was with me...... if only I had room .......

Well, the vets verdict is in. We have fourdaddy's boys, and one lonesome little girl! The one we are keeping is aboy and is the only one with both ears erect so he reminds me of Benthe most. All the vet techs were coming in and ooohing and awwwing overthe babies, I kept reminding them that they are looking for good homes*hint* *hint*. Other than that all the babies are healthy and happy andready to go to new homes by next week!

Fergi's mom

Fergi wrote:
Well,the vets verdict is in. We have four daddy's boys, and one lonesomelittle girl! The one we are keeping is a boy and is the only one withboth ears erect so he reminds me of Ben the most. All the vet techswere coming in and ooohing and awwwing over the babies, I keptreminding them that they are looking for good homes *hint* *hint*.Other than that all the babies are healthy and happy and ready to go tonew homes by next week!

Fergi's mom
Awwww little guys! and da baby sister :)

So now, what is Prancer's name going to be?

Latest posts

Back