How quick will they chew through this?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't feel secure leaving my rabbits in something that I knew they could chew through. A metal ex pen or a folding dog crate would be a more secure option.

I wanted something they could have a bit more room to move around in as they'll be confined to a 1x2x1 nic carry cage throughout the day for three days for a move across country

I agree with Christina. If there isn't room for all 8 sections of an x-pen, you can fold 2 of them. You would also need something to cover the floor, which could be a tarp if they aren't big chewers, or some flattened cardboard boxes.

We got a metal play pen at petsmart that fold up neatly. You just have to put something down over the floor--we use a tarp and put a piece of carpet over it. The one in the add would last about ten seconds with some of ours.

I agree that you should go with a mettal xpen or a NIC pannel xpen.

I have the playpen you show in the original link, just in blue :)

I love it for taking the kids places. They havn't chewed on it at all, but I only use it when they are supervised. An example of how I use it is when we do an unofficial therapy visit. I wanted a way to take all my kids to a coworker's house to visit his special needs son. This worked wonderfully. If I take the kids with me to visit friends I use the playpen. It lets them get out of their carriers in a safe way. I don't have to worry about them making a mess on the floor.

IMG_1210.jpg

IMG_1212.jpg

IMG_1188.jpg

Brandy- That is a lot of rabbits and a lot of poop :p Very cute though.

I have the same exact pen as Missy linked, and so far has not given me any problems in the few weeks that I used it. They are not able to jump over it. I would not know if larger breeds might be able to, though, like a Flemish giant.

I wouldn't feel too secure about putting them in that certain material, as I have a notorious chewer in my group that I can't pinpoint (one of them chewed my $200 headphones cord clean through).

Latest posts

Back