How much water?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is she taking it willingly? I would give her as much as she is willing to take. When I syringed my rabbits water, I don't think I ever kept track of how much I was giving. Partially because most of the water ended up all over me and the rabbit and not much actually in her mouth. I would just give her some until we both were just over it and needed a break. Then I would try again in a couple hours. I would split the feedings up throughout the day.

Is your bunny okay? There are also other things you can do to up water intake. Such as spiking their water with flavoring, soaking veggies if your rabbit eats veggies, and sub q fluids.

I had this problem with Lily after her spay surgery. Wash their veggies in water without wiping it off. Also, put a little 100% juice in their water. If it is a little sweet they will be more likely to drink it. With Lily what I did was mix equal parts of organic baby food (strawberry, pear, and apple flavor) with water. Once she drank that I diluted it to 1/3rd baby food, 2/3rds water. Once that was gone I diluted it again, then again and again until she was drinking plain water on her own.

Latest posts

Back