How much to feed 4 month old French lop?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snicker13

Reaction score
Hello I am new to this forum and I would like to ask does anyone know to correct amount of pellets to feed a 4 month old French lop? I have looked all over the Internet and I even found a rabbit nutrition calculator app, but know one seems to be able to get me a clear answer.

Most peoole free feed rabbits up until 6 months. I partially agree with this as long as the rabbit doesnt inhale more then necessary. I would personally limit the youngsters to 1/2cup per 5lbs. Unlimited hay. Fresh leafy greens slowly introduced at any age (there is no minimum age guys).

Adults (rabbits over 6 months of age) should be limited to 1/4cup of pellets per 5lbs body weight. Unlimited hay. And fresh greens.

Thank you so much! And I did not realize that greens could be introduced before 6 months. I guess it does not matter much for my rabbit duchess. I have nicknamed her garbage gut. She eats anything and everything.

My rabbits get greens (grass, weeds, twigs with leafs) - almost exclusivly, right from the start, that's what happens in nature, they eat what mommy eats. If you have rabbits that are not used to greens it is important to introduce them slowly, and watch their poop when you do it.

Yes I usually don't give my young rabbits greens until six months and even then I don't give them full portions until about 7 or 8 months.

Latest posts

Back