how much of which type

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabine

Reaction score
I have a fair idea about what vegetables are safe for bunnies to eat. I'd like to offer them more green stuff but at the moment the shops offer only a limited range. There's plenty of cabbage, Romaine lettuce, carrots but rarely with tops, parsley, kale and such like. I don't know which of them can be fed freely, because I know some have too much iron or starch etc...
What would be a good mix.They get carrots twice a week and I usually have cabbage in abundance. How much can I feed?

I feed no carrots ( they too much sugar), italian parlsey, cilantro , romaine, kale, dandelions carrot tops, radish tops and some other herbs

I personally am not comfortable feeding cabbage because it is so prone to produce gas.

Just when I look at the lists, there is just so little available. Half of the greens are even unfamiliar to me. I wish I had a greenhouse to grow them myself.
By the way how do I know a rabbit has gas?

I never found that they offer a much wider variety. Not even the farmer's market offers more than the regular stuff

Sabine wrote:
I never found that they offer a much wider variety. Not even the farmer's market offers more than the regular stuff

I'm shocked limericks market has a really nice selection.

I've nerver noticed those symptoms in my rabbits but it's good to be aware. Thanks

angieluv wrote:
I feed no carrots ( they too much sugar), italian parlsey, cilantro , romaine, kale, dandelions carrot tops, radish tops and some other herbs

I personally am not comfortable feeding cabbage because it is so prone to produce gas.
Agreeing with Angieluv here, just what I would have said, or meant to say, lol!:p

Latest posts

Back