How much is too much?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BabyBailey

Reaction score
My new bunny Bailey (~9 wks.) seems to be leaving A LOT of little poops everywhere. I put them in his litter-box so he gets the idea... but it seems like the box is filled up so quickly! Is this normal? I guess I havent had a bunny for awhile but it just seems a little strange. Is it always like this? Is he eating too much? anyway, please help. Thanks!

If they are a normal colour and firm then its fine. Just out of curiosity...what does he get fed? this could have something to do with it.

At that age I would give him about 1/3 cup of pellets, 1 or two cup fulls of salads/veggies and unlimited hay, mainly he should be getting hay. If he isnt over-eating pellets, treats of veggies and is having plenty of hay then he will be a-ok and ya dont need to worry. Every rabbit is different, he might just have a high metabolism!

once you experience no poops at allyou will never talk about this as aproblem again :D
sounds normal to me and they seem to even poop more before they are neutered

I have a pair of 7-8 week old brothers who poop A LOT! And they do it everywhere BUT in the litter box. I've had the same litter in the box for a week and there's barely anything in there. Their hay is in there, I'm wondering if I should put their food bowl in there too...

Right now I'm cleaning their cage 2-3 times a day.

He gets a little bowl full of pellets every day which i fill up in the morning and top off at night. unlimited hay. People have been telling me not to feed him treats yet so I havent, but he has a chew block that he loves to munch on. lol. I'm just glad i'm not insane and there isnt a problem. Thanks!

MuttBunny wrote:
I have a pair of 7-8 week old brothers who poop A LOT!  And they do it everywhere BUT in the litter box.  I've had the same litter in the box for a week and there's barely anything in there.  Their hay is in there, I'm wondering if I should put their food bowl in there too...

Right now I'm cleaning their cage 2-3 times a day.

Yea me too! and i've been putting their poops in their litter box they just dnt get it what can i do?

I was under the impression that ou should give baby/young bunnies unlimited pellets and no veggies for the first few months. However saying that, we did not realize that veggies were supposidly not good for young rabbits and all of ours got veggies at a young age.

Buttercup was only about 5 weeks when we got him (we didn't know any better 10 years ago) and we fed him veggies right from the start.

Susan
rabbit_eating_carrot_md_clr.gif

Back