how much grooming is normal?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dippybunny

Reaction score
My little bun seems to be itching and licking herself an awful lot. I know some amount of this is normal, but how much is too much?

No that's fine rabbits are very clean animals and like to keep themselves clean I mean whenever I go out to my rabbit he is cleaning himself. But itching an awful lot I would keep an eye on that and check to see if your rabbit has ticks, but otherwise licking is normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

Licking and grooming is normal. Rabbits groom A LOT :) If your rabbit seems to be licking and paying excessive attention to one area on a regular basis, there could be something going on. A little bit of scratching is normal, but if your rabbit seems to be doing a lot of it, especially around the head and ears, it could be a sign of a problem like mites or an ear infection. I would say if your bun is scratching every few minutes, that would be abnormal and may indicate something is going on. If you aren't sure, a visit to your vet might be a good idea.

Latest posts

Back