How much does your rabbit(s) like "sweets" ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larryng

Reaction score
Neither Bagel (the last rabbit ) nor Peanut( my current) likes sweets.

I've read somewhere a lot of rabbits have sweet tooth.

Dish about your bun bun sweet tooth or lack thereof!!!!

Apparently Honey does. The only one she gets in a daily tiny cube of dried papaya, but she clearly wants more. I hide it in her pellets & she finds it first & eats it.

If they don't like sweets, feel grateful. Carrot slices can be their sweets.

My bunnies LOVE sweets! They usually only get a single papaya, raisin, or other small treat each day (two if they've had something traumatic happen...like a trip to the vet!). As soon as they hear the treat jar opening, both of them rush over and are practically climbing the bars on their pen to get their treat!! Sometimes Junie will thump if she thinks I'm taking too long!

The only thing sweet Agnes likes is grapes.

She doesn't like bananas, raisins, or blueberries. That's the only things we've tried cuz she is young still. I think she's a picky eater though...

I have been bunny mauled for fruit. I can't eat strawberries, bananas, grapes, any type of fruit upstairs without having a lap full of fur.

Harriet is mad for bananas (and banana chips) and blueberries. She's not a fan of strawberries. She likes Honey Nut Cheerios too.

Craisins! My boy goes nuts for them! He does slurp up pineapple pretty quick too...

Derby loves strawberries, bananas and grapes. Was standing on the deck eating a pie of apple pie yesterday and a chunk of crust fell off. Derby was like a piranha going after it and dragging it to his lair under the steps.

Reuben loves sweet things. Really loves them. He's not so keen on fruit, although he loves bananas; but he LOVES baking. I caught my brother once, feeding him caramel slice; he loved it. Really loved it. He also once stole my coconut ice, when I got distracted by during the RWC. :p Bad bunny!

Craisens are crack for Harvey. I get mauled for those. Same with papaya treats. However both of those will give him bad tummy aches if I feedhim too many (which has happened because he does the cute begging bunny rather too well haha). So he does not get those much any more. I do give him banana chips those are easier on his tummy.

Another non sweet I get mauled for are oats. He goes nuts for those. He knows that container and knows how to open that one XD haha.

My guy loves his sweets, banana's, apples, strawberries, and carrots. I have yet to try anything else, but he goes nuts for banana more then anything.

Mine love ALL food! My husband and I were reminiscing the other day about how dainty of an eater Kerensa used to be... Now she just yanks food out of your hand, just like everybun else :D I'd say the #1 bunny snack in this house is banana. They all go crazy over it. I've accepted the fact that I cannot eat a banana unless I have an entire second banana to share with them! Today I wanted to see how long it would take them to notice I was eating a banana. About 15 seconds and they were in full freak out mode. Sadly, there was only ONE banana. You all know what I did, of course... ate half of it myself and then shared the rest with the bunnies! Can't deny my guys :)

Scamper loves all fruit and will have a fit when I have a piece or two on top of his greens then turns up his nose when there isn't any special treat on there. Pixie doesn't like much of anything. Haven't found anything to bribe her with yet.

Alice loves all the sweet stuff, banana is her favourite, but then Buckley hates anything sweet, the only thing he eats that is sweet is carrot but he leaves it all day then must think 'fine i'll eat you then' lol :)

I have never tried my buns on fruit I'm glad I read this!! my guys LOVE haystack cookies I don't know if its the oat or the chocolate, and they only get the teaniest bit but they go crazy you can't keep them out of your lap when eating them and my nice bunnies that NEVER bite, will give me a really good nip in protest if I'm not sharing!

LakeCondo wrote:
Chocolate isn't safe to give to a rabbit, is it?
No its not. Its just as toxic to rabbits as it is to other animals.

"Absolutely NO chocolate (poisonous!), cookies, crackers, breakfast cereals, bread, pasta, yogurt drops, or other "human treats." There is research to suggest these items may contribute to fatal cases of enterotoxaemia, a toxic overgrowth of "bad" bacteria in the intestinal tract."

http://www.sandiegorabbits.org/diet/foods.html

I would be too scared to even feed the smallest amounts to my animals, but that's just me.

Latest posts

Back