How much do you feed your giant babies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just a question about how much you guys feed your giant breeds. I tend to give my young bun the normal plus a 15% of pellets and veggies a day which seems to be ok; he's gaining weight well.

I remember researching and couldn't find much on giant breeds and feeding at all.

Giant babies can have free amount of pellets and when they stop growing pull back the amount.

My adult french lop gets 1/2 cup pellets every day. You would rather he be on the lighter side than the heavy. Because it won’t cause too much burden on the limbs and he will be more healthy.

I’m not saying to starve the bunny, just don’t overfeed :)

It’s quite common for people overfeeding giants because they are supposed to be big.

thanks, that has helped.

When its feeding time I get so worried I'm feeding too much or not feeding enough. My Bruno is a pellet MONSTER and I feel like giving him unlimited pellets would be doing him an injustice for later life. But this has given me a little bit of comfort knowing im feeding around the right amount :)

Latest posts

Back