How many times have you forgot to lock up your rabbit's cage?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larryng

Reaction score
I had my rabbit Peanut for over three and a half years now and I only forgot to lock her cage just ONCE.

I was home at the time and noticed her scurrying in her room and I put her back in her cage.

Besides bunny "proofing" the room, does anyone here have ideas or product that help you to remember to lock the rabbit cage?

I don't think I've ever forgotten, but there have been a few escapes!

Sometimes Clementine will get hangry or bored and just shove the cage door open with her teeth (it's a NIC cage, at the time it was 'locked' shut with a small bulldog clip - there are 3 on there now!). Once Felix was in a pen covered in a blanket overnight, and somehow jumped out and was hiding under the coffee table when we got up. Another time I went to let the buns out of the cage, which was still closed, and Felix came up from behind me to say hi.

:?

Larry can you please explain how you did it and how it helped you not forget to lock the cage door?

Used wooden clothes pins to secure the door or else Mr B would lift his latch and get out--knew I had to use the pins on the top and bottom, so it was hard to forget and if I did he was out and on the windowsill--he was a Dwarf so he wasn't able to displace the pins.

I have forgotten a few times, but very rarely do my bunnies actually leave their cages. I used to have a bunny named Chilli, who could open doors to almost all of his cages!

To remember, I use these bright red clips. I can't remember what they are called sorry :(

I have forgotten on a few occasions to close up the cage. Only once or twice tho. What I do is use twisty- ties to secure doors that they can open. Also, so u don't forget to close the cage again, and then have myself wondering if I shut t or not, I have a rock that goes on the top of the cage, that I put on when I am closing up. It's pretty easy to remember weather or not you lifted a very heave object. I also but a note on the door simply saying "cage?" Or "cage closed?". Just so I can double check and reassure myself.

Back