How many times has your rabbit(s) bitten you by accident or otherwise?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many times has your rabbit(s) bitten you by accident or otherwise?

• Zero

• One

• Two

• Three

• Four

• Five

• Six

• Seven

• Eight

• Nine

• Ten

• More than ten.

Results are only viewable after voting.

larryng

Reaction score
I got bitten twice by accident.

Both times it happened the way. I was bitten thru a hole in our cuddling towel.

I use towel during my cuddling sessions with my rabbit.

My rabbits like to chew on the towel during our sessions.

Sometimes there's a hole in the towel and I get bitten by accident.

I've only had Agnes a couple months but ironically she just bit me by accident today for the first time.

But it truly was a total accident. I was laying on my belly on the floor and Agnes jumped on my back. She was biting at the letters on my t-shirt and bit my back by accident.

Funny enough, with all the rabbits I have had, I have never once been bitten (I do consider a "bite" as breaking the skin).

I have been nipped, however, but never hard enough to even leave a red mark.

Here's the stats for all my bunnies.

Cinnabun: He bit and broke the skin probably 50 times during his life of 7 years. He was very territorial and high strung but we loved him anyway! Definitely our bitiest bunny.

Rory: He's bitten me twice and my husband once in the 4 1/2 years we've had him. The first time was the first day we had him and he was super stressed. He only actually broke the skin once but it was quite the attack and I have the scar to prove it. He was jealous of Skyler, our new unneutered boy bunny.

Tallulah: Lu lived 7 months. She nipped probably 4 times and left a bruise once when she suddenly bit my knee because I stopped petting her. The other times were when I was feeding her and she got too excited. She quickly figured out that I wouldn't give her food if she bit so this stage didn't last long! (Note: of course I fed her, I just waited 15 minutes)

Skyler: In his two years of life, he nipped me once when he wanted to be put down and did not break the skin. I was carrying him outside to the play area. Very sweet boy.

Phoebe Mae: When she was between 6 months and a year, she nipped me about 3 times but never broke the skin. The last time was when I was putting Christmas decorations away. She was on the couch and ran over and bit me on the side while I was turned away, then immediately ran away and jumped off the couch by the time I turned around! It was pretty funny.

Ned: Nedders has never bitten in the 4 years we've had him. He is a complete baby doll.

Kerensa: We've had Kerensa almost 2 years and she's only bitten once, actually just a couple of days ago when I was putting food in her bowl and apparently wasn't doing it fast enough. It didn't hurt and didn't leave any kind of mark.

Maximus and Mabel: They will be 1 next week and they've never bitten, either.

Nomi: We had Nomi 3 very short months, she died in March. Nomi was a feisty, opinionated girl and nipped me twice but didn't break the skin either time.

I had just bought a rabbit harness for Bagel, my last rabbit, and was doing some internet research on how to use those things.

I saw somebody had shared , on a similair forum like this, that her mom tried to put a harness on her rabbit for the first time and the rabbit bit the mom's finger TO THE BONE.

Ouch!!!!! That was one angry rabbit.

Cheeni has bitten me once in the last few months I've had her, bitten as in it bled just a teeny bit. She's nibbed me here and there but nothing major. She likes to scratch first as her instant defence mechanism which is pretty funny.

Ditto above. Never bit, but nipped. And usually when im in the way or refusing to share food

Just once, more of a graze or nip, by the new bunny Ozzy, it was more an accident. He is really thin, and when I bring out the hay bag he jumps around on two feet like an overly excited puppy, I was trying to hand him some hay to calm him down and he got my finger in the mix.

It didn't hurt or bleed thankfully, more a surprise. Poor baby was starving. Though when the lady handed him to me, she said its because her kids forget to feed him. *pets poor Ozzy and gives him all the hay he can eat*

Judging from your responses......

A bite : has broken skin or blood.

A nip : No broken skin or blood. :D

Yes I have been nipped by accident when he gets a little too excited about his treat and my finger happens to be in the way. Or when my finger smells like the treat. I have gotten nipped when I was in the way too.

Oh and when he grooms me he does sometimes uses his teeth, which tickles more than it hurts so I don't mind him doing that.

I get accidentally nipped constantly, and he's certainly not gentle about it.. but it doesn't usually break skin.
If he's not getting patted constantly he digs and bites at your pants and socks really hard.

When Scamper had his teenage boy brains.... He bit me two that were more like nips but drew blood and one time that he latched onto my arm and was hanging by his teeth and nails on my arm. Still have a pretty good scar from the last one.

My rabbits Have never bit me:innocent however my older sister, Nikki, who dosent care about the rabbits at all, she reached into Galilees cage she bit her, then she reached into Oreos cage and he bit her, Then she put her hand in Serendipitys cage and he bit the back of her hand hard. She now officially hates the rabbits and they arent to fond of her either. Each time broke the skin. Once she came home when Daisy was running in the kitchen she got bit twice, Dasiy ran up bit her on the foot Nikki kicked at her(and missed) so Dasiy jumped back over and bit her ankel.(she still has a scar.and that was months ago)My bunnys are incredibly sweet until it comes to my older sister

Latest posts

Back