How many are putting their trees up this weekend?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still trying to figure out where toput the tree and how to keep the bunns out of it. We are rearrangingthe living room so who knows where the tree will end up lol.

Stephanie, I'm sorry your family won't be coming.

I can understand being strapped for cash. Money is really tightthis year so me and Jer are actually making alot of our decorations andsome gifts this year.

Tina

Since I get a real tree, I wait till about 2weeks before Christmas to get one and put it up. My living room isterribly small (I've got 9' ceilings, but the room itself is only 10 x12, I think...and two of the walls have entrances, and a 3rd wall hasan electric baseboard running across it)...so the tree has to be smallto fit in. I don't mind waiting to put a tree up though; the house isin a full state of havoc right now, so it will give me time to getthings back into order before getting the tree in.

(((Nicky)))...I've had Christmases like that too. :( But you'reright...being with family and surrounding yourself with love is whatit's really all about. :hug:

Stephanie wrote:
I hear ya. We're rather strapped this year ourselves, all ofour money is going towards the baby.

I'm bummed that no one from my side is coming up (again!) forChristmas. God forbid they drive four hours. Well, my inlaws will behere and that'll be nice.
I am going through the same thing Steph and Nicky. But we have had ourtree up since Tues cause ever since we have hosted our holidays we madeup tradictions to carry on with our family. On Thanksgiving day oneperson will turn the tree lights on to initiate our Christmas Spirit.We have a huge 6ft fiber optic tree that is like 4 to 6 ft wide.

Steph my parents would not drive to my house be we drive to theirhouse. God forbid that they can not come to see me with a 15 min driveaccross the river.

We don't do Thanks giving here in Australia, and in our house we do the Tree after the 2nd of December.

It's our daughters' birthday on the 29th November and my other halfs onthe 2nd December, so we wait till after then and we do the tree.

Nicky, maybe you could do a small tree for yourself, and you neverknow, someone somewhere may give you a gift for christmas, and save itand put it under the tree for yourself.;)

Money is always an issue at this time of year, but remember beingtogether and having friends/ family is what is the most important thing.

I'm bummed that no one from my side iscoming up (again!) for Christmas. God forbid they drive four hours.Well, my inlaws will be here and that'll be nice.

Steph my parents would not drive to my house be we drive totheir house. God forbid that they can not come to see me with a 15 mindrive accross the river.
You know, it must be a parent thing...my dad lives in another province,while my sister, brother and I live here in Ontario. This will be ourdad's first Christmas alone, and we all asked that he fly here to bewith us (and his grandchildren) for the holidays. He flatly refused,saying he wants to spend it alone. My sister was a bit upset, but Ireminded her that he's getting on in years, and to have to drive anhour to the airport and then fly for an hour to see us might be toomuch on him...plus I could understand why he wants to be alone, havinglost his partner (Marion) not very long ago. However....LOL...shereminded me that for Thanksgiving, when she invited him to visit herefused as well, saying he didn't want to travel. Yet when one ofMarion's nieces called a few days later and invited him forThanksgiving weekend at her house, he accepted...and drove for fivehours - in a storm - to get there. We've also invited him to come andvisit next summer, but again he has refused...yet he isconsidering going to visit Marion's son and daughter-in-law, who alsolive in Ontario, just a few hours south of us.

And when I was married my in-laws used to do the same thing to myhusband. They would never drop in to visit us, claiming an hour's driveinto the city was just too far for them. So we always drove out totheir house instead. But then we found out that all the time they hadbeen telling us they didn't like to come visit because of the travelinvolved, they actually had been coming in to visit Bob's uncle andaunt (actually relatives of Bob's, not theirs, as Bob was a fosterchild)...and his aunt and uncle lived just five blocks away from us.

*sigh*...parents...what will we do with them? :disgust:

I know. My sibs and I are all mad at our dad, due to how he was on Thanksgiving. I'm almost glad I wasn't around!

My parents seem to think that crossing the border involves some covert operation, with barbed wire fences and everything else.

On a happy note, I am pulling stuff out so we can decorate today andtomorrow. Well, Dave is working, but will be home early enough for usto do the tree. I just really want to deck the halls before the baby isborn, which is soon.

Latest posts

Back