How many are putting their trees up this weekend?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephanie

Reaction score
Just curious as to what you all do after TurkeyDay. Up here, I've noticed that the Christmas decorations go up muchearlier than in the States, probably because up here, Thanksgiving iscelebrated in October. Seems like in the States, it's the weekend afterThanksgiving for a lot of people.

We're putting our tree up tomorrow evening. Usually I'd want a realtree, but as we lived in a high rise last year, we had to get a faketree. Since I'm due pretty much any day now, I just don't feel likedealing with a real tree. I've been holding back until this weekendthough, last year I was without all my favorite Christmas decorations,but have it all now!

We will be putting our tree up thisweekend. It's become a family tradition for us that the weekend afterThanksgiving we put the tree up and start decorating the house andyard.

Tina

I will most likely be putting my tree up thisweekend if I can find one I like in the fake veriety, if not it willprobly be next weekend and a real one, which i am not sure is a goodthing cause its probly gonna kill my allergies

Hi, I put mine up yesterday, I have so many decorations & nic nacs, I couldn't even use them all this year.

I told my hubby we need to get a bigger house so I can put all my decorations out LOL. He just gave me the look.

Soooska

We're decorating this weekend, and putting the tree up next weekend :)

There's a tree farm a few roads down from us - we cut it and set it upthe same afternoon, then decorate it while listening to some Christmastunes.

I'm thinking the animals might have a tree this year as well :ponder: That will go up sometime this week or next...

~Emily and the Fuzzbutts~

Well my birthday is on December 16th so when iwas little I didn't want everything christmassy upbefore mybirthdayso we have always put our tree up on the 17th. I'mfeeling so christmassy now i could put it up this weekend but i'llwait, have to stick to the tradition.;) (we do have a little one in thegarden,but that doesn't count):D

I'm actually American, just married a Canadian and immigrated up here. :p But it's all good.

I love the smell of a real tree. Nothing beats it. I have some scentedwax stuff that you melt and it's a pine scent, guess that'll have todo!

Since we are not going to be home for Christmas,we will not be putting up a tree. My husband will be leavingon the 15th and I'll be following on Christmas Eve.

We're doing the fake tree at my parent's housetomorrow morning. Then Neil and I will be getting a real tree(my first real tree ever!!) for our new house sometime afterwe get the keys... and redo the floors, and rip out the kitchen... ugh.

I'm helping my sister this weekend. The mainreason is because there is a very good chance she'll have her baby nextFriday so she wants it done before the baby comes, lol.

My son is with his dad next weekend, so we'll doit the weekend after that. :) Not exactly sure how we'll work it, but Ithink I'm gonna have the tree right behind me at my computer. Gonna bea tight squeeze this year as we have rearranged the furniture.

We have to move the Boston rocker out somewhereto make room, since we have a swing set up and one of those vibratingchair thingss. I don't really want to put the rocker in the basementthough, so we'll see where that ends up.

Why no tree Nicky?

I know that feelign all to well Minda, I have arelitivly large living room but i have a big over stuffed chair, a 6 ftcouch, another over stuffed chair and a 3 ft love seat. all on 2 wallslol then my computer table is HUGE and I have a decent sizedentertainment center. So trying to figure out a place for the tree thatis kid friendly, rabbit and cat friendly could be a trip. Speciallywhere i am really thinking about a real tree.

I remember when I was a kid we had a cat thatused to like climbing the tree. We had to anchor it down with twine!One time we woke up and the tree was on its side. LOL

Steph, the finances are low this Christmas, sothe family has agreed no prezzies. We just spend the day together andhave a yummy dinner. No tree cause i live alone and it'll just depressme. Sounds a bit Bah Humbug, i know, but i get to see my family, thatswhat matters.

I hear ya. We're rather strapped this year ourselves, all of our money is going towards the baby.

I'm bummed that no one from my side is coming up (again!) forChristmas. God forbid they drive four hours. Well, my inlaws will behere and that'll be nice.

Back