How long does canned pumpkin last?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcottonl02

Reaction score
I bought some canned pumpkin for Benji on Wednesday after his dental. I was shocked to have even found it around here! I've been searching for so long.

I've kept it in the same container with a seal lid thingy that you would use for cat and dog food tins on it.

I just made him some christmas cookies (hehehe) and added some of the pumpkin to the mixture- it has been open for just over 3 days now. But I have refrained from giving Benji the cookies just in case the pumpkin might be off.

It doesn't look off, and I've tasted it etc. and it has been cooked for 15 minutes at about 150 degrees.

Just want your guys opinion on how long I can keep the tin for? I would imagine it should be fine for more than 3 days but I just wanted to check before I gave it to him.

Ta! :D

Jen

Only you would know when it's time to throw it out. If it is sealed and refrigerated, you could have some time, but I rather caution on a few days.
However, you should place the food in a different sealed container than keeping it in the can.

You can freeze it so it will last longer. Just put it in a freezer safe container with lid.

I would take it out of the can though if you are going to keep it in the fridge.

Okay so these bikkies should be just fine right? They have a little pumpkin in, but ill throw the pumpkin out after these?

Jen

I tasted the pumpkin before I put it in the mixture and it tasted fine (not nice but I tasted it the day I opened it too and it wasn't nice then either hahah. I don't know why Benji likes it).

But I gave Benji one of the cookies because I thought it should be fine....now I'm freaking out a little. The can was opened Weds evening... :/

Jen

Okay i took away what was left of his cookie- which was half of it, and I think I might throw the rest of them away and make more.

Just in case....

Half a cookie can't do any harm.

Jen

Back