How long do Sherwood forest pellets keep for?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holtzchick

Reaction score
Phoenix goes through her pellets fairly quickly I really want to order the Sherwood forest pellets so I can switch her over BUT I want to order the 19 lb bulk box so I don't have to panic about running out quickly. I keep her pellets in an airtight container if that helps. How long will these pellets keep for?

With our 3 bunnies, we go through the 19lb box in about 3 months. It keeps fine (smells fresh, looks green, bunnies eat it and aren't sick). You can always email their customer service. They're very prompt and helpful :)

the best way to store it is to put some in a container you use for daily feeding (I use one of those cereal-box shaped tupperware thingies) and then divide the rest of it up into gallon ziplock bags or some other airtight container, getting as much air as possible out, and store it in the fridge (NOT the freezer!). source: http://www.3bunnies.org/feeding.htm#pellets

I ordered my big box of it back in august and I've still got one more full gallon bag in the fridge + what's in the cereal container.

Latest posts

Back