How long do rabbits last?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glofan

Reaction score
We lost our rabbit BlackJack yesterday.We had him for 6 years. I am so devastated and don'tunderstand how such a big healthy bunny can die so suddenly. How longdo rabbits last?

My deepest sympathies, Glofan, for the loss ofBlackjack. Six years old is definitely considered an olderrabbit. My rabbit is 3 and one of our experts, Pamnock, isalready starting to refer to his 'older days'. Bums me out,but it's a fact of life. I try not to think about it toomuch. I'll be a mess when his time comes.

Generally rabbits live anywhere from 5-10 years old. You'llfind different information as to some people having rabbits that havelived longer. The oldest living rabbit in the Guiness Book ofWorld Records lived to be 18 years, 10 months, and a fewdays. That was a world record, mind you! Icontacted the family of Flopsy just to further investigate what type ofconditions and feed they gave him.

Blackjack was lucky to be so loved by you and taken well careof. You may wish to view the following poem. I hopeit gives you some comfort.http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

My deepest sympathies, prayers and thoughts are with you at this time.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back