How long can bunnies hold it??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baxter

Reaction score
I was just wondering if itis normal for a rabbit to hold her pee?? I brought home thenew girl yesterday and she hasyet topee!Iknow she is drinking because I have seen her. Sheis even trying the water bottle. I have a bottle and a dishin there for her right now. The wierd thing is that im notsure if she has peed anywhere!! There are little poops in thecage but i can't find any pee. Im wondering if she is holdingit because she likes to sleep in the litter box and doesn't know whereelse to go! Should I be worried or will she go eventuallywhen she is ready.

thanks!

Michelle

I wouldn't be too concerned right now.When I brought Holly home she didn't pee for a little biteither. She LOVES her litterbox. Stilldoes. But she now pees in it. Just give her sometime. I think rabbits Poo a lot more then they Pee.Well atleast the two of mine anyways :)

Crystal (Bandit & Holly)

When my bunny used to try sleeping in herlitterbox, before she got too big to. She would pee in the othercorner, so I don't think that your bun would hold it and not peesomewhere.

Good luck, wishing for pee for you and your bun,

~Star~

I think rabbits hold in their pee when they arenervous, because when Berri was at the vets having abscess surgery shewas in there the whole day and didn't pee once, then she got into thecar, she was sitting on my knee, and what was the first thing she did?Pee!!:shock:Just the comfort of seeing me again made her lessnervous I think. When she has got a little more used to where she ishopefully she'll pee, and hopefully soon.:)

so much love when a rabbit urinates on their favorite individual. you should feel extremely special if he defecates ;) lol

i guess my rabbit doesnt love me that much :(

Trust me you can have TOO much. She has peed onme, countless times, my pillow, my shoes, and we aren't even talkingabou poops! :disgust:

She is my special grey lady though, and I love her more than anything.:bunnyheart

~Star~

Latest posts

Back