How long can a Rabbit remain under Hypnosis?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It can be very stressful for some rabbits, so Iwould minimize your time doing it and only do it when necessary. Somerabbits don't care, but some don't like it at all. They do it when apredator has caught them so that they appear dead, so when the predatorchanges its grip or anything, it can dash away. Often a rabbit will befine under a trance but as soon as you move they struggle to get up.

I don't know how long they can stay in a trance, but I would minimizethe time as much as possible because it can be very stressful.

By hypnosis was it meant the way rabbits trance out when you have them on their back?

2 of my rabbitsclearly dislike being in that position so Ionly do it for nail clipping but 2 of them seem to like it, they fallasleep in my arms like that.. how can I tell if they actually like itor are stressed?

They don't snap out of it in a sudden or anything they just graduallyroll back onto their bellies so I can stroke their back as well..

If they are stressed, sighns are wiggling feetand spreading of toes. Bun-Bun does that. Cocoa, on the other hand hasdone great. I'm able to wash his feet, nutties, and rear, clip his hindclaws, apply ointment to sore hocks, and wrapp up his foot whith gauzeand bandages whith out any of that wiggling and jerking and holding himup by the scruff.
Yet, it's a pain to get him into the position to proceed the move. Andthat's the problem - you're not hurting the rabbit - he's hurtinghimself and it's hard to "safely" restrain a wild un-tame yet fragileand small critter.

Only to groom/trim in spots they don't liketo be touched!! For instance, whiping off a poopy butt or trimming hindfoot claws.
A pic of Coacoa in hypnosis:
fatow9.jpg

Notice the dead shape and open mouth - and no kicking!!

~Tracey~ wrote:
You hypnotise rabbits?

Latest posts

Back