how long can a rabbit live??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanilla

Reaction score
hi,i amnew here and i just got my rabbit back and i would like toknow how long can a rabbit live?? and how can i see if he/she is a maleor a female?in the pict. he is in a box but now i put him in a cage biganough for him to move a lot .i will show you a other pict as soon as iget some.thanks

hello vannila rabbits can live as long as 15years , and have a better chance of making it to that age if you spayor neuter them here is a website that will help you tell the sex ofyour rabbit . how old is the bunny??? and what breed is it?

http://www.barbibrownsbunnies.com/gender.htm

hopefully this will help i will serch for a better site:D

let me know how things are going good luck with your new bun!!

hithanks alot for the site it help alot well my bunny is a boy and he iswell around 6 years old .I dont really know what kind of breed he is ifi could put a pict maby you or someone could help me on this too lolthanks again

photo_numerique_188.jpg
ii hope this one will work lol sorry if it is big but i finaly found howto insert one i will take a other one but this time in his cage

Hi Vanilla,

Generally speaking,a rabbit's life is usually predictedanywhere from 5-10 years old. It certainly can happen that arabbit makes it into its teens. Usually a 6 year old rabbitis considered an older rabbit. Of course its livingenvironment, stress levels, diet, genetics plays a part in determiningits longevity.

You have a beautiful bunny.

-Carolyn

Hey,

Pretty bunny! Looks like a wild one, the coloring anyway.

I have a bunny in her teens, and most of ours live 8-9 yrs. We consider6 "middle aged" depending on the overall condition. From the sheen onyour bun's coat, I would have guessed a much younger rabbit. Olderbunnies often get a rougher, coarser coat.

Rose

Hi elfmommy ,thanks for shrinking my pict.how did you do to shrink it ??because i just took a lot picts of my bunny and they are all tobig:??so if you could help mea little......thanks:)

If you are using a pc (not a macintosh computer),

then you most likely have a Microsoft Office package

installed on the computer.

Go to START

PROGRAMS

MICROSOFT OFFICE TOOLS

MICROSOFT PHOTO EDITOR (the icon looks a bit like a color wheel in a diamond)

FILE

OPEN (Open your large picture)

RESIZE (then adjust the size to be about 25-30% of the size your pictures are now.

It may look extremely small, because your computer will adjust the pictures to be 50%

of original size immediately when opened because they won't fit on the screen at

the size you have them. You can't change the size in the box on the tool bar. You

MUST go to IMAGE and come down to the RESIZE option.)

FILE

SAVE (or SAVE AS if you are taking the pictures off of a CD, and then you will have

to save them to your computer.)

I hope that helps a bit.

Minda

shutter_bug_camera_lg_clr.gif

Approx. how much does that rabbitweigh? It appears to be a mix breed of Chestnutcolor. Although wild rabbit's are the same color,this one is not a wild bunn. The coat appears to be a softerroll back coat common in the lops, so there may be some lop in thebackground.

Pam

Hey Pamnock,

Is Tucker considered getting 'on in his years' at 3 years old? What would you say of Fauna being 4.5?

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
Hey Pamnock,

Is Tucker considered getting 'on in his years' at 3 years old? What would you say of Fauna being 4.5?

-Carolyn

In general, purebred rabbits live to 6 years of age, so I consider 3years to be middle aged and by 4 are "getting up in theiryears". By 4 years of age a good percentage of does havedeveloped uterine tumors, hence the reason spaying is recommended.

Also, by 4 years of age, a number of rabbits will develop non-specificrhinitis and may also develop other health problems such as arthritis.

Pam

Thanks,Pam.

I thought it went something like that, but just wanted to double-check.

Thanks again.

-Carolyn

helloagain ,how can i say that eee my pc has window`s xpand i only have microsoft work`s .i take my picts from my digital kodakand put it directley on my pc after i have to go get aextention to put it here!! lol so if i put some other picts would it bepossibl;e for you to shrink them again lol thanks alot again !OOHH bythe way my bunnny `s weiht is around 6 pounds

Latest posts

Back