How long after a neuter will the marking stop?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cocoa

Cocoa's Mamma
Reaction score
I'm curious how long it generally takes for male rabbits to stop marking after they have been neutered?

My little guy was 13 weeks old when we neutered him. It was a week and a half ago at this point.

At what point should I expect to see hormone induced behaviors starting to slip away?

His name is Storm and he leaves the worst Hail Storm in his wake, everywhere he goes! lol Really hoping that he stops pooping EVERYWHERE in the next few weeks.

I think it might take a few more weeks for the hormones to really die down. That being said, my Steve still poops everywhere. He leaves one strategic poop on the couch sometimes. He will launch himself out of the litter box leaving a glorious trail on the floor behind him. And he still leaves the occasional squirt of pee on his bed where he and his mate sleep. I have learned to laugh and clean up after him.

Oh boy! He marks me every time he climbs on me while I am lying on the floor. One poop on my tomach or chest every time he visits!! I laugh cause I say he is saying I belong to him. But deep down, I would love for him to be like our other bun and put it in the litter box!

Every rabbit will be different on how much their litter box habits improve after a neuter. Usually you will start to see more noticeable improvements with the hormonal issues around 3 weeks post neuter.

Back