how do your rabbits act when...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manda

Reaction score
just wondering for fun, how do your rabbits act when they know they are getting there pellets, greens or treats? my bunnies both jump in and out in and out of their litter boxes many times then lean up on the cage looking at me just waiting!

Spice gets some what excited and on the rare occasion he will even pace but normally he just sits up and his ears perk up and waits.

Mocha and Zoey on the other hand. They see me coming with their bowl and they binky up and down their cage and practically hang out their door just waiting for food. I normally have to let them get a mouthful before I can even get it in the cage because they are so excited. You'd think I starved them!

Rex is, unfortunately, very food aggressive. I have to make serving meals quick and without too much excitement, or he will attack me, Peanut, and anyone who gets in between him and his food :?Oddly enough, once he's eating, he's doesn't mind being touched and has no issues sharing his food with Peanut.

Nibbles often binkies (half and full binkies), and generally zips around acting happy. Sometimes she hangs out near her old salad plate (paper) and gives me meaningul looks, too. (When she thinks she ought to be fed.) She'll also sit on her previous salad plate and look wistful. (I often leave the plate with her so she can play with it - she likes tossing 'em around like Frisbees.)

Wow m.e., I'm glad mine aren't food agressive! Although I was concerned about that when I bonded Zoey and Mocha because Mocha really loves his food... but he isn't agressive about it. The most he does is steal the food right out of Zoey mouth (an absolutely hilarious sight to be honest). Apparently my bunnies know not to bit the hand that feeds them but you would still swear I never fed Mocha and Zoey the way they half hang out of their cage.

I really should take a video of it... I think tomorrow I will do that. :D

My girls LOVE their science selective pellets, when they see mewith their feed ball (I make them work for their food;)) they race around their run doing binkies! Ruby is the funniest, she'll nearly crash into the wall she's so excited then once I give her the feed ball she picks it up and slams it down so all the pellets fall out. I guess they like them?:dunno:They like their greens, but not so much!;)They love hay time though, they will both come racing up to me and try to climb on my knee when they see the hay box.:lol:

Mai likes to hide in her bedroom compartment and then charge out at my hand (but she just stops and never does anything when she reaches me) :DAnd Milly likes to jump over her food bowl, back and forth until its full up.

Ellie runs right up to my feet and sniffs me up and down. She might run around a bit but Hazel is usually right behind her nipping at her backside. He gets so excited. They immediately inhale their food. Hazel and Ellie usually shove their heads into the same bowl even though I give them two separate ones! Silly buns.

As I said, videos!

The difference between Spice...

... and Mocha and Zoey...

Fey and Sprite dash around in circles, sometimes around my legs, and they sometimes crash into each other. When I put the food bowl down they dash for it and nearly throw themselves into it head first. You'd think they were starving!

Loki tugs on my pants and stands up and gives me a pitiful "feed me now" look. Mocha usually sits nearby and watches with interest. When I put the bowl down, they both hop quickly to it. Loki tucks right in while Mocha sniffs it all over and chooses the very best piece to eat.

It depends on how hungry they are..... both get unlimited hay and Clover has pellets all the time too right now.

Bo on the other hand will jump up or down the levels of his cage, back and forth from litterbox to bed (this crosses his pellet dish) and he will also ram our hand thinking we are stealing instead of giving. :mad:

Other days (like yesterday and today) I open his door and he zips past me to go play. Today was bad cause I had a fan plugged and out near his fireplace. He went STRAIGHT to it and I was afraid he would nip the cord before I got there - thank God he didn't!

Now want to see pellet time? It's even more of a panic to get to the food for my pair.

And even Spice perks upmore...

Back