How do you revise?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca

Reaction score
For exams and stuff?
Because I have a 2 GCSE Science tests in 2 weeks.. and it actually counts for something! This is our first proper tests! Eeep :shock:

And on the practise papers we have done I've been getting C's D's & F's :grumpy:

Anyone got any revision tips?

Much appreciated,

Becca x

Everyone has their own way of revising so you have to find the way that suits you best. Me, I just read. I read the paragraph twice then I close the book and summarise it in my head and make sure I know it and understand and then for good measure I read over it again. I hate writing out notes so that's why I don't do that, but writing out notes after each paragraph is a great way to revise if you don't mind writing alot.

At your age we do the Junior Certificate and not GCSEs but I know they are pretty much the same thing, here you can buy revision books for each subject, it's everything you need to know for your exams in that subject condensed down into a small book. If you can get those over there definitely try and get them, save you having to write out lot's of notes and also usually they are much smaller then your school books.

Some people are artistic and like to draw out nice charts and posters things to help them learn but I always found that boring and a waste of time but if your into that kind of thing go for it!

When I was learning science for the JC I wrote out all the definitions in the book on flash cards and went over them and over them and that helped too.

When I did was revising science GCSE I loved flashcards. Put all the main points/equations/facts etc you need on and any diagrams etc, present in a colourful eye-pleasing way ;)and then go over them again and again until you've learned them. The best thing about flash cards is you can carry them in your pocket and if you have a spare few minutes you can look over a few. It helped me get an A so hopefully should work for you too!:)

Somehow I cant learn from websites :| I have to write it down and then learn it... because i find it hard to read from a screen and take in what I'm reading. Not sure why!

Latest posts

Back