How do you feed your rabbit veggies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mimosa

Reaction score
Harriet is 7 months old and still being free fed pellets as well as timothy. A few weeks ago she started getting greens. I'm giving her about 1 1/2 cups (which I read was the right amount for a 6lb rabbit) in the evening.

I'm wondering, should I split it up so she gets some in the morning and in the afternoon? Does it matter?

We do the AM/PM thing. In the past, a couple got really runny stool and cutting the amount they got at one time was the cure. Sure beats cleaning bunny butt with baby wipes.

I do the morning/night as well. Since I am at home during the day now, I even give them lunch!

I do pellets in the morning and greens at night. I'm not a morning person so dealing with greens before work is just too much for me. The buns don't seem to mind and I havn't had any poo issues. It also gets them to "go home" without protest after running around all day.

Timmy gets his pellets as soon as I'm out of bed, his morning greens when I eat my breakfast and greens one more time around when I eat dinner.

Latest posts

Back