How do you advertise your bunnies for sale?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
I'm looking for ideas for advertising when we have rabbits for sale. So far...this is what I've done (some of which is just today)...

• Set up a webpage
  • Have business cards
  • Set up a page on facebook for our TinysTexas Legends - I need to do the same for the lops (Puck's Pranksters)
  • Set up ads with google on hoobly & a bunch of other sites - plus set up ads on facebook (When I got my website w/ the provider - I wound up getting $50 in ad credit for both google and facebook)
I also use hoobly.com to advertise rabbits and in the past I have made up posters to put up at the feed store, etc. (Walmart no longer has their bulletin board in the pet department).

Oh yes - and getting the websites listed on the flemish giant and holland lop national club are my next actions.

Now - to make sure folks know - I'm NOT breeding for the money (ha ha - especially not after putting down a 25% deposit on our building)....but I want to make sure that when I do have rabbits available - I have ways to reach the public since I live in a very small town.

mistyjr wrote:
but nobody doesnt want adults, They just want babies.
I think it depends upon how you word it and how much you've socialized them and trained them.

For instance - if I had a doe I wanted to rehome I'd be saying something like, "Loving adult doe that is litter box trained looking for a home where she can run and play and cuddle in your lap (if she was a cuddler that is)".

In other words - I'd know enough about the personality of the doe that I'd find something about her that would make people want to see her.

Then again - I'm about to try and do that with my half-flemish litter - the ones I have left.

Time for me to get creative again!

It sounds like you've covered all your bases! Sometimes ads in local TSC stores and the like can help too. Also, see if there is a 4-H group in your area and give them your contact info. 4-Hers are often in need of project animals- new kids join every year!

TinysMom wrote:
mistyjr wrote:
but nobody doesnt want adults, They just want babies.
I think it depends upon how you word it and how much you've socialized them and trained them.

For instance - if I had a doe I wanted to rehome I'd be saying something like, "Loving adult doe that is litter box trained looking for a home where she can run and play and cuddle in your lap (if she was a cuddler that is)".

In other words - I'd know enough about the personality of the doe that I'd find something about her that would make people want to see her.

Then again - I'm about to try and do that with my half-flemish litter - the ones I have left.

Time for me to get creative again!
Around here, people want bunnies that are less then 6 months old to do 4-H, And that is all at the moment. But Thanks though! :big wink:

I never advertise rabbits in classifieds. My big fear is that if I do, people will get them for snake food, or for eating. The other problem is that I don't really have any pet rabbits. I find the best results come from working hard to have good quality in your rabbits, and then selling at shows, and from the website. Once you have a good name in your breed, or sell good rabbits to a few people, your name will spread, and people will be scanning the website all the time!!

mistyjr wrote:
I have to agree with you. Just like somebody said in my thread. To sell my Harlequin baby for $10.00. I just cant, I'm afraid that its going to be somebodies cheap dinner..
I wasn't trying to say you should sell him for $10. What I was trying to show was that if you had a price of $20 - you'd probably want to go about half of that for him.

So if you were selling for $50 - you'd ask $25 for him (unless he's superbly marked).

Sorry if I gave you the impression you should ask for $10...that wasn't what I meant. I just pulled numbers off the top of my head.

TinysMom wrote:
mistyjr wrote:
I have to agree with you. Just like somebody said in my thread. To sell my Harlequin baby for $10.00. I just cant, I'm afraid that its going to be somebodies cheap dinner..
I wasn't trying to say you should sell him for $10. What I was trying to show was that if you had a price of $20 - you'd probably want to go about half of that for him.

So if you were selling for $50 - you'd ask $25 for him (unless he's superbly marked).

Sorry if I gave you the impression you should ask for $10...that wasn't what I meant. I just pulled numbers off the top of my head.
But only ask cheaper for him though?? Its just like the Sable Points now,ect they cant be shown.

Rumor has it that someone is pulling a COD on sable points. I need to email and find out more information.

If worse comes to worse - I may know of someone who would pull a COD on them....but it would take talking their husband into it....and cages ... and oh yeah...bunnies.

I just wish you didn't have to have 5 years ARBA membership to be able to hold a COD, because so many people with 3 and 4 years would like to do it.

Today is my 5 year anniversary with ARBA.

Also - once the lionheads pass ONE presentation - all of the colors on CODs are able to be shown (at some shows).

Back