How do i get poo off buns neck?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweet_buns

Annette
Reaction score
One of the white buns somehow got it's mum cecotrope on the back of it's neck... I tried to pull it off but it just made it worse and smooshed into it's fur. Should i try to wash it off, let it dry them crack it off or what would be the best way to get it off her? I was using warm damp cloth to try and get it out but it wasn't working that well, probably can get it out that way but she wouldn't sit still at all. Should i just cut the poopy area?

I wouldn't cut it, because you could accidentally nip skin. But you could try an unscented baby wipe, that might get it. Or continue with a warm damp cloth and let it sit on the poop for a minute if you can, maybe to soften the poop up enough to get it off.

It's usually easier once it dries and gets hard. Then you can just gently pull the fur away bit by bit, until it's out of there, otherwise it just gets mushed in there more. If it's gotten mushed around in the fur too much, you may just have to rinse that area with some warm water to get it out. You would only have to get that one area wet, but then you need to make sure the baby stays warm and comfy til completely dry. You could try cutting it out, but I'm always a little nervous using scissors near my rabbits skin, especially wiggly babies.

Latest posts

Back