How do I get her to eat Papaya Tablets?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhill711

Reaction score
My mini lop Sally will not eat the papaya tablets, I have tried breaking it into smaller peices to no avail. She is on critical care right now so I did manage to sneak it in there crushed up but since she has a sensitive stomache already when she is off the critical care how do I get it down her? She has to have these as she gets alot of tummy issues :( any advice would be great! I should add that she is just 9 weeks.

Our bunnies go crazy for them! Nibbles has always liked them, but Junie took awhile to come around. Initially, she wouldn't even smell them if I offered one to her. Finally, I just put one in her food bowl and left it. A couple days later she finally took a nibble and discovered how good they are! Now she thumps if I take too long to give her one in the morning. Maybe just try leaving one in her food dish.

When I first started to give them to the bunnies (as per my Rabbit savvy Vet) I just left them in a little dish for them. It took a couple of days for them to like them.

Now all I have to do is shake the bottle and they go nuts for them.

I buy mine at the Bulk Barn (not inbulk) much cheaper. I use the Human Papaya tablets.

Susan:)

Thank You!I have'nt tried them. My vet suggested these because it has something called bromelein (sp) in them? She gets gas/constipation from all pellets, and so far the only green she has eaten is cilentro. Poor gal maybe it is because she was weaned to early? Do you get the organic papaya from the grocery store?

I usually just give one a day. Every now and then I'll give an extra as a treat since they like them so much. The bottle says 1-2/day is okay.

Are these for specific problems, or are they preventative?

One more question, sorry!

My mom has 3 or 4 papaya tree's.. can I just give them fresh pieces? She doesnt use pesticide, i'm pretty sure of it. I want to give them the tablets when I dont have any fresh papaya..but in Miami its rare that you cant find any fresh.

These are the ones I use. I get them at Bulk Barn, not sure if you have that store in the states.

sw_papaya_enzyme_200tabs.jpg

PAPAYA ENZYME PAPAIN 30MG CHEWABLE - 200 TABS

Manufactured By: Swiss Herbal

Code: SW3920

$10.99

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

SWISS HERBAL CHEWABLE PAPAYA ENZYME TABS CONTAINING 30MG OF PAPAIN. Swiss Herbal Chewable Papaya Enzymes are a convenient way to ensure proper digestion. These great tasting tabs contain 30 mg of Papain enzymes, from papaya fruit, for optimal digestion of proteins, fats and sugars. Plus the extra digestive support from prolase, amalyse, and mylase enzymes. Swiss Herbal Papaya Enzymes help to breakdown foods properly and help prevent gas and bloating.

Susan

I have the same problem with my bunny. He is very picky about what he eats and I left the tablets in his cage for two weeks and he may have licked it once. I make him cookies and have started grinding up a bottle of the tablets to add to the dough of the cookies. Each batch makes about 100 cookies so if I give him one a day I feel like that will help but I was wondering if people thought that the papaya would still be effective after being baked in the oven?

Well she still won't eat them!:headsmack si I am smashing them up into little pieces adding just a tad of pinapple juice and syringe feeding it to her! She loves it this way, stubborn lil thing she is..but I have prevailed lol and am getting them down her ba ha ha ha :party0002:

Latest posts

Back