How did you name your rabbitry?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I named my little bun Flower. I chose it because she is my first bunny, and I didn't want the generic name Thumper, so I thought about the skunk from Bambi, and decided upon Flower. I can tell now that the name definitely suits her, and I would never change it♥ She's just my little Flower Baby! C:

Well, our farm is West Wind Acres. When 911 re-did all the addresses, they even made our address West Wind Lane. So West Wind's Rabbitry just became the name. My daughter named her's Kitty's Kool Kritters. Her name is Katrina, but we've always called her Kitty. And, I'm happy to announce, they are both official ARBA rabbitries. YAY!

wendymac wrote:
Well, our farm is West Wind Acres. When 911 re-did all the addresses, they even made our address West Wind Lane. So West Wind's Rabbitry just became the name. My daughter named her's Kitty's Kool Kritters. Her name is Katrina, but we've always called her Kitty. And, I'm happy to announce, they are both official ARBA rabbitries. YAY!
Congratulations on being official ARBA rabbitries. I'm still on the fence with ARBA right now. Why join if my Lion heads aren't even recognized? I have joined the NALRC which does promote Lion heads full board and hopefully one day ARBA will. I know you need to be a member of ARBA for 5 years before you can even get a COD, but I'm still on the ground floor with my breeding program. And if this site is a reflection of the attitude at ARBA, well I doubt I'll be even involved. Don't misunderstand me, I would like to, but the reflection is not very pleasant.

K:)

Our rabbitry is Owen's Bunnies it is our last name so pretty easy. We got the idea because I was thinking of tshirt ideas and the thought of a saying 'O Buns' and having a picture of bunny butts. Lol of course o buns is short for owens bunnies! We are now registered with the texas rabbit breeders and will soon be registered with arba

FlowerBaby wrote:
..... Sorry. Didn't realize what a rabbitry was! You can tell I don't breed buns, ahahah!

Or, we can consider you to have a very unsuccessful rabitry, especially if Flower is spayed. lol. But if she's not spayed & your writing that she's your first rabbit implies that you may get more, then we can consider you to have a fledgling rabbitry.

Shaded Night Rabbitry.
Shaded came from the colors I started with, sable point and siamese sable. Night just because it sounded right with it, and I had a doodle of a night setting for a logo.

A few months back I made a merge with my rabbit mom's rabbitry, and we'll be Smokin Night's. :)

Registered through ARBA and many local clubs.

These are really cool stories. Thanks for sharing them guys!

Sometimes I wonder if I got into breeding what I would call my rabbitry. I like to imagine painting a swanky sign and designing a logo, adding pages to my blog for it and of course highlighting whatever bun breed I decide to dive into. I don't know what I'd call it or how'd I'd come up with a name.

It was hard coming up with Raisin Cane. I wanted Dried Grapes but it was taken on Weebly. My grandfather always used to shout "Quit raising cane!" at my brother and I, so when I was trying to come up with "raisin" something it sort of fell into place. Molly and Gubbs love raisins, so I wanted that to be a central theme.

I guess that's how naming things works...it just falls into place when the time is right. :)

RAAUURRRGGG someone talk my husband into letting me start a rabbitry :p

Anyone want to buddy up for any upcoming New England (USA) shows this season? I've never been and would love to go with someone!

Samara wrote:
Anyone want to buddy up for any upcoming New England (USA) shows this season? I've never been and would love to go with someone!

Good Idea. Where in New England are the shows? Unfortunately in South Jersey, so we only get two shows a year. But it's an excellent idea for those who want to witness it and understand the show policies.

K:)

Blue Camas because this area of Washington we get a lot of blue camas flowers, and I liked the name much better than our previous - Blue Sky Acres Rabbitry.

We were registered with ARBA....I think I'll have to re-register even though we are done breeding. I still want to get my DR magazines! lol

Emily

Latest posts

Back