how can

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucy is out of her cage from about 9.00am-9.00pm

i told my hubby off last night as to get her into her cage he is adding more food in her bowl

any sugestions as to how we can get her in her cage

We've trained our rabbits to go into their cagewhen it's time for bed. It makes it so much easier than chasing themdown to herd them in.

What we did to train themwas say "Cage Time" and clap ourhands lightly. The second the rabbit was in the cage, we gave a raisintreat and a "Good Boy, good bunny". At first, there was a lot ofherding into the cage, a lot of thumping and that sort of thing.However, a raisin treat can go a long way. A shake of the box and theyknow it's their favorite treat and they come running. Youcanuse whatever favorite treat Lucy's is. And I didn't givethem a lot of raisins, just one or two.

Now, all we have to do is say "Cage time" and they know it's time forbed. Yes, sometimes they have other ideas, but they still know what todo. It has made life so much easier to have them learn this command.

Good luck!

My girl that has the run of the house knows whatbed time means although I don't lock her in her pen. Sheussually goes to her pen about the same time each night.

Ed

Latest posts

Back