How can you tell if a rabbit is spayed?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarcytheDutch

Reaction score
We have a 18 month old rabbit from a rescue. We were told she was spayed (but didn't come with any paperwork, for example a health cert). We've had her just over a month. She is aggressive and very territorial of her cage.

I'm just curious if there is a way to tell if a bun is spayed. I tried to check her tummy for a scar, but the hair is too dense.

Thanks

From what I have heard, the only way to tell is to shave the hair to see if there is a scar but some vets apparently can do it without leaving a scar, so the other option is to go ahead w/ the spay and then the vet can tell once he's in there of course.

Is there a way you can call them and ask if they have paperwork on it or anything? Maybe tell them the issues you are having, rescue's are usually happy to help.

I wasn't sure if my girl was spayed or not so the vet shaved her tummy to look for a scar. There wasn't so we did the spay. Sure enough the plumbing was intact.

I think they can also do an ultrasound before if you prefer.

Latest posts

Back