how can i tell if my bunny is neutered?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First thing to do is to sex the bunny to make sure that he is a he and she is a she. I believe the Bunny 101 section describes how to do that. I'm told that when the bucks are neutered, the testicles are removed from the sacs and the remaining scrotum will look shriveled. I'm also told that with a neuter there may not be surgical scar as with a doe spay.

Hope this helps,

Wallace

shake him, if he rattles, ya know he hasn't been fixed:nerves1

just kidding. . .don't shake your rabbit. . . ;)

everyone's advice is what i suggest as well. . . just couldn't help but toss in some humor. . .

Not really. Intact rabbits can still be very affectionate and calm. Also, neutered rabbits may still smell if their scent glands have a lot of gunk in them. It's best to just flip him over and check. If you're still not sure, you can have a vet look.

Check out the Bunny 101 link Cheryl gave you. It will show you how to sex a rabbit even if it's too young to have obvious testicles. That way you can be sure that he's actually a he.

he wont let me roll him over but i did feel and it seems like he has a penis but no sacs.. and he is 4 so i imagine that he would be since he was a house pet. i am actuallyu going to try to contact his former owners, i traced them down, and see what they say..

Will he let you pick him up? If he wont let you turn him on his back, hold him facing out and have someone else check for sacs.

If you cant track down the owners you can either take him to the vet or ask a local breeder to check for you.

no, he doesn't like being picked up..which is strange because he follows me around the house and demands to be on mylap if i am sitting anywhere that he can hop onto it. he even gave me kisses on my hand and arm today! i was so surprised. maybe he will letme pick him up when he gets used to me more.. but maybe he just doesnt like it.

Im sure he's just still getting used to you. Its a good sign if he gave you kisses though!

Some bunnies just dont like to be held. My boys love when I snugglewith them on their level but dont really like to be picked up.

Katt

'Shake him' :bunnydance:- oh dear oh dear.....:D really needed a laugh this morning and when I read that it did the trick!

Of course, I don't condone shaking bunnies, but that was funny

Amanda

Latest posts

Back