How can I make him STOP?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Konotashi

Reaction score
Schnitzel is my BEW Holland lop, and it's so irritating when he drinks from his water bottle.
He can't just drink out of it - he has to bite it and try to pull it through the cage bars, shaking his entire cage and making all sorts of unnecessary, very irritating noise. How can I make him stop that? I have to take his water bottle out every night so that I can sleep! :X

Does it run slow? maybe he can`t get much out ?check the spout is not blocked.Maybe try another bottle? not sure about with holding water overnight just incase he gets ill may then need every bit of fluids he can get.Av you tried ear plugs or give him a bowl at night?

I've checked it, and it runs just fine. I've tried the bottle he has and several others, one of which was a dog kennel waterer, and he still did it.
I've tried a bowl and he just flipped it over, making a huge mess and making my dresser all soggy. I don't know what to do!

Ear plugs wouldn't be a good idea, since my alarm clocks already strain themselves enough trying to get me to wake up every morning.

Are there any specific types of bowl I should look for?

Heavy ceramic bowls. Those are the best. I had one but I forgot to get it out of the cage when I dumped the old hay and droppings out and it hit the ground and broke.

But yeah heavy ceramic bowls would be best!

people on here seem to use papertowl rolls for them to shred. Try that. They're more active at night for one..and just maybe for him the 2 hours isn't enough. It just might be him in particular.

or if you dont let him out right before you go to bed, try that? That way hes more worn out.

lol, I use that logic with my pup. He's toooooo much energy, and a tired puppy makes everyone happy!

He may want to always be out. He may love it so much, and being caged at night doesn't suit him.

I would be stubborn about putting him in the cage at night. Meaning, always put him in his cage at night. Also let him have more time outside his cage whenever possible.

It might. I would give it a try and see! If it doesn't help then get some more toys as was said above rabbits are more active at night.

Alright. :) I have the shelf grids for a pretty good one. Just need to get some coroplast. Needed to do that anyway for my ferret's shelf. :)

Extra space may help but George has a 6ft x 12ft room with the exit door xpened off and he`s still on a mission to get out!! I must be very lucky as i slept in the room next to buns over christmas and we never heard them and i`m a light sleeper! Sorry not very helpful,i`d try the clip on crate bowl for water?

Wrap the water bottle with some bubble wrap or those rubbery material that waitresses use in their serving trays. That should help cut down the metalic clanging noise from the cage. He will probably try and bite the wrapping but don't think he will get much though.

HTHs :bunnydance:

Zentor did the same thing for a while. he wouldnt stop biting the metal part of the water bottle. it was so annoying. when he did it i was go and try to move the bottle. but now he doesnt do it as much. it took about two months and he just kind of stopped. i dont know why he did it, but he just did. now he does it once in a while. hopefully it will be the same for your bun.

Back