How can I make him STOP?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly if he has water, I'm pretty sure it's just a habit or behavior. I guess you could try switching to bowls of water, but that can always end up getting knocked over if you have a rabbit that likes to grab things and throw them. My Cotton chews and shakes his water bottle too, but it's usually when the bottle is at an angle where he's just not getting water

I have known a couple of bunnies at the shelter that did this same thing. They did it because they were bored and needed more mental stimulation. We have pretty small cages there, about 2ft by 4ft by 3ft (depth, length, height), and they only get 30min to an hour to run outside daily, in an area that's about 5ft by 5ft. The smarter bunnies need more things to do and become destructive or do the cage chewing, water bottle chewing/licking that you described, or just are plain destructive. They also tend to be more aggressive. These guys do great once they have a forever home with more space, or are placed in foster care, again with more space.

Definitely try a bigger cage, more run time, and/or more toys. A locking crock may help but honestly he may turn his pent up energy on some other part of his cage that's equally loud and annoying.

Latest posts

Back