How can i correct this?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyHasPaws

Reaction score
I just started litterbox training a week or so ago. Oreo was using it like she was a pro. Bugsy just got the hang of it and is doing good. For the past few days Oreo will dig everything out as soon as I put it in! It was cute at first but its become frustrating... how can I stop her? She digs in it like a mad bunny!

I just want to add that I started with shavings in it and then I used hay to see if that would stop her and it doesn't. Either way she's set on digging.

i have a bunny that flips his one over so i tied to the mesh at the front of the cage and that seems to work fine with the digging just leave her o it they give for food and once she learns there is no food in there she will get bored hope this helps xx

I ordered plastic resting bords from ebay (they were cheap) that are made to protect rabbit's feet in a wire cage. I put that on top of the litter so it stays in the box but lets the wee through. It also makes it easy to dump the poo daily without needing to change out all the litter.

Then I give them a good place to dig, a box with paper in it. They shred my junk mail. It also prevents idenity theft! :)

LionheadLando wrote:

THAT is super cool! I'm going to order one right now!!!!

I'm not crafty at all. It easier and safer for me to just buy stuff made lol.

I have a few old phone books at work that i'll take home for her today. I'll make sure to go thru them and rip out the glossy pages.

I cleaned her cage up right before going to bed last night. This morning, it looks like a Hurricane went thru and messed everything up except her! She chewed her hay bin to bits and pieces!!! Bugsy stares at her like she's crazy lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL!
Yesterday during free time she got up close to Bugsy's cage and try to eat his hay bin! He thumped a few times and gave her "the look" lol.

Latest posts

Back