How big will she get?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moxiez

Reaction score
I got a new bunny yesterday at a pet expo, (her name is Moxie) and one of the people who was admiring her was a bunny breeder (not who I got her from), and the breeder said she's probably only about 8-12 weeks old. I'm guessing she's just a little mutt bunny,because the guy I bought her from only wanted $5 for her, and didn't seem very knowledgeable or concerned that the bunnies find good homes :(

Anyway, for how long do bunnies continue to grow? The rabbit I had as a child was a Flemish Giant but I can't remember how quickly she grew to her whopping 20 lb size.

Moxie weighs about 1 - 1 1/2 lbs or so, though I don't have an effective way to weigh her for sure. I can get pictures, but I'm not sure if it would help to hold her up against an object for a size reference?

Thanks,

~sam

It would definitely help us to have pictures.

For instance - a dwarf bunny might be 3 pounds when full grown - a larger one could be 6-9 pounds, etc.

So pictures definitely help and if you can take them against something for a size comparision - that would help too.

Peg

It depends on the size of the rabbit.Larger rabbits, like the flemish, take about 8 months to reach their adult size, but may continue to put on weight.

Smaller rabbits are full grown at about 6 months. Any rabbit can continue to gain weight if not fed correctly.

Sharon

Latest posts

Back