How big do you think my bunies will grow

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peppa and georgie

Reaction score
Hello i am wondering if anyone anywhere has any insight into how big my bunnies might grow, are they indictations based on ears, or feet or anything else. I know with cats and dogs, big paws normally means they will grow big, what about bunnies.
Peppa is dwarf lop and Georgie apparently netherland but think they prob mixes. Any ideas here are some pics x
ok i will have to figure out how to add pictures first.

DSCF2496.jpg

sorry is too big but when i try to make it smaller, it is smaller on photobucket but still copies over large... Ironic that i am talking about my bunny sizes and i cant even get their photo the right size lol xx

Peppa probably won't reach over 3-5 lbs. as an adult. He does look like a Dwarf/Holland lop to me.

Georgie on the other hand is in NO way a Netherland Dwarf! lol! They have teeny tiny little ears, and his are huge. Ear size is not always a true indicator, but based on his, I would expect him to be very large as an adult. Maybe between 8-10 lbs. as an estimate.

There is really no 100% certain way to predict rabbit size. But I am familiar with most breeds and the characteristics they display, so that's what I'm basing my guesstimates on. Cute pair!

Arrr that is great thank you, no when the pet shop lady told me it made me dismiss everything else she said as i couldnt see that she could be with those ears lol xxx I believe that she was perhaps younger than they were saying as she was very small when we got her. As for the lop, she has massive feet lol i will have to find a pick they are about 6inchs dont know if that is normal but i have this feeling she might grow big. They are both about 7 months at the moment. xx

Stores always try to sell bunnies as "dwarves". With feet that big, Peppa may end up being a bigger lop. There are 3 sizes of lops here in the US: Holland (called dwarf in UK), Mini, and French. Their sizes are 3-5lb, 6-8lb, and 10+lb respectively. I have a Holland who weighed 4.0lb at the vet yesterday, and her feet are big, but not 6" long. They might be 4-5". Peppa could be a Mini (not sure what that's called in the UK).

I agree that Georgie has big ears and may end up quite large. Some Netherland dwarves do have bigger ears than the breed standard tiny ears, but Georgie's ears are bigger than "big Nethie" ears. He could be anywhere from large (8-10lb) to extra large (10+).

Another option to get an idea of what these guys are is to post in the rabbitry, where breeders can estimate their breed based on some pics (they'd need bigger, and clearer pics than you already have here) and give you a size estimate on that. I can move the thread there if you like. :)

In closing, they are completely adorable!

Arrr Tony thanks that would be great yes please i really do want to know what breed georgie is, she has quite a small body at the moment but those large ears lol .
They are both approx 7 months old spayed and came from the same place and i think the same breeding people.
I think someone might have helped and made my picture small for me so thank you for that as well.
I shall have to put more pics up, i originally bought another rabbit called bumble who had up ears but peppa colouring and she was so perfect and trained immediately but quite large even though they told me she was 10 weeks. Her litter sister was georgies colour but bigger. Anyway unfortuneately we lost bumble to an abcess that spread internally. We found out however that the pet shop only use certain breeders so when i went in and saw peppa and georgie i wanted them as peppa was like bumble and as they use same people i imagine from similar parenting due to the colouring. Also Georgie was the same colour as the sister.
I believe that possibly due to bumble speed of training and size she was actually alot older than they said. And that perhaps Georgie due to being smaller is alot younger.
I will add some photos of bumble as a possible relative and the baby ones of peppa and georgie along with some clearer ones from now.
Well that was a long and complicated explanation sorry if it makes little sense.

Back