Housing bunnies together?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aphreditie70

Reaction score
Ok i have my buns seperated. but i know at workwe keep buns together seperating the sexes of course.. but they areusually young when we get them. as some of u know from my other post ihave baby buns and am thinkin of keepin one or two. can samesexes be housed together? i heared they are better off seperate. i alsogot askedatwork from a customer interested in therabbits. i suggested same sex but watching them once they gotolder.so tell me is it better to have buns housed seperatedor can they be housed together? i read an heared its best to keep themseperated. i would like to get everyones opinion?

I think there is good and bad in keeping bunnies housed together.

If they are together I would think catching a illness would be hardercause you might not notice it right away or notice which one isill. You would want to make sure they are bondedreally good before leaving them alone with no supervision.

I have two bunnies who live on thier own and I am ok with that but ifthey lived together then I would only have one cage to clean.

Mostly I think it depends on the bunnies and what your most comfotable with.

Cristy

If you decide to house them together they needto be bonded. You dont want fights. It is a longprocess to bond two rabbits, but the combos are best Male and Female(altered of course) Female and Female and Male to Male aslast. Some rabbits just wont live together in harmony, andothers will if you make the effort.

I am currently bonding two dwarfs together and it is going well, albeit I am not going to rush things.

Back