House Rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some thing that really helped my mom was talking to another mother whose children have two bunnies. although they live out side, just talking about what rabbits are like helped mom with her decision to let me get a bunny.i don't know how busy your parents are, but maybe they could come on here and ask some of their questions. i know there's a lot of bunny parents on here that are also the parents of us cute kids(or teens:dude:). just a kind of idea i had!

Anna

Great thnx - I will try and get them on here - of they can at least watch and tell me to type stuff - my mums a computer wizz and my dad is a computer hater!!!!

off the top of my head, i know Rosie(Maherwoman)has a daughter around 7, and i KNOW she likes to talk......................:p

a.k.a. she has some sort of idea what to expect out of bunnies and kids together(her daughter(Emily, i think:D)has a bunny, of course she does most of the *fun*(you know what i mean:p)stuff and watches when she's got her out. but Em's a bit younger than you are, too.) just another moment i had!

Anna

I begged and tried to persuade my mom for weeks to let me have a rabbit. I wasn't expecting her to say yes, but I guess I bugged her so much she finally let me have one. I did the same thing you did, trying to find the right thing to say so she would consider it and say yes. Now I have a happy little drawf rabbit ^_^ he's practically a roommate now, since my room is completly bunny-proof, and he's litter trained, we share a room now. ...

hmm, maybe you can make a deal with her, that if you don't take care of it (which won't happen) then she can take it to the humane society. It helped persuade my parents for me, it was a pretty good deal considering I'd never slack on bunny caring.

Hi,

You say that you would like to get a 'house rabbit'.. and your parents haven't said no to it, but they said a for sure no to Nibbles? That is very contradictory.... all bunnies can be house bunnies, and Nibbles probably deserves a nice warm household! I would say love the bunny you have - bring him inside!

the understanding i have is that Nibbles is a very big bunner, and that's one of the reasons he's not in the house.

We've got quite a crew inside, and never any offensive smells. ;) OMG, an elderly big rabbit? Sounds like TF; an elderly big female. Our Papa is 9 y.o., lived in a chicken coop the first 4 years, and loves being an indoor fella. Litter trained after 2-3 months. I put the litter box "there." He wanted it in another spot.... lol.

BabyBunnies wrote:
It's his birthday on 1st April - Now, what to get him!!!
:p

My bunny, Marlin, has his first birthday on April 1st :biggrin2:!

Pandaboy suggested that you tell your parents they can take the rabbit to the animal shelter if you don't take care of it, and that made me cringe. I'm sure Pandaboy is a good bunny owner and like she said herself, wouldn't slack on bunny care, but I don't think telling your parents that would be a good thing. There are SO many bunnies in shelters already... Even if a new bunny would be yours, it would still ultimately be your parents responsibility and they need to realize and accept that they may potentially need to care for your rabbit before letting you get one.

Also, I don't understand why your outdoor bunny can't come inside? There are plenty of people with large bunnies that live indoors... It would be awesome if Nibbles could go inside to live with you instead of getting a new bunny. Or, even better, if Nibbles came inside to live and then you got another bunny to be his/her best friend! :D

I think the more you are on this forum, active and learning - the more your parents will see that you are willing to learn about house rabbits and their potential, plus proper care for them.

Responsibility can be shown in so many positive ways!

Yesterday me and my mum went round my friends house and they have two outdoor rabbits tht come inside and i was cuddling them picking them up and i even recognised one had a massive knot/mat (whatever its called) very close to his skin so i helped get it out!!
It was so fun -

Cool! That's great you found a knot and helped them get it out, aww :D.

I would think you'd try and get Nibbles indoors? You're now talking like you don't already have a rabbit :(.

NZminilops wrote
I would think you'd try and get Nibbles indoors? You're now talking like you don't already have a rabbit :(.
No don't worry i would never forget about my baby nibs.
Don't worry!!
I would just like him to have some new bunny friends to play with!

I agree with Shiloh, I think Nibbles would love to come inside! :)

Even if he's old, he can still be litter trained, and the fact that he's not a baby/teenage rabbit would mean he might be less interested in chewing cables/skirting boards etc. You'd still have to rabbit-proof obviously, but it might be less to worry about! I reckon that should help convinced, and then if it goes well with Nibbles inside they might be convinced to let you get a bunny friend for him!

I thought this was a great idea but when i asked my parents they said No straight away - it's unfair I don't know why so obviously that is not going to happen - but I am close to having two bunnies in the playhouse and that is the only thing they will settle for. I would love to have Nibbles in the house - but mum said we are not going to have any rabbits in the house all the time - becuase the bunnies will be in the summer house and are allowed to be inside when we want.

I just hope dad says yes please sign my petition.

I hope I don't sound mean =[

But I don't think a petition would justify as responsibility. You need to present to your parents how responsible you are.

As much as I would also love to see Nibbles as an indoor rabbit - the extreme temperature changes from outdoor to indoor could stress him out for a good few weeks. I have two 9 year old seized rabbits at the shelter who lived outside their whole lives. When they were brought here, the indoor temperature nearly gave them heat stroke. They are finally starting to adapt to the new temperature and are breaking through. I was so worried about them overheating! =[

Also, some seniors get a little stressed with the smell of a new bun. Would Nibbles be ok when you smell like another rabbit?

And if you do really want this second rabbit - let your parents see your responsibility in action through Nibbles. Let them watch you take care of him, and show off your rabbit savvy skills and knowledge.

Sometimes parents just don't budge. Growing up all I wanted was a pet...ANY pet. I begged and begged and asked for any pet that I could possibly think of that I saw at the pet store. Well, my dad hates animals and my mom is scared of animals so this is what I got to keep:

1.) A toad I found in the woods which I kept in the garage
2.) A tortoise I found in the woods which I kept in the garage
3.) Carnival goldfish I won and brought home without my parent's knowledge. They didn't know what to do with the fish since I already had them so they let me keep those in a fish bowl in the house.

It sucks doesn't it! :X But it sounds like your parents are a little more reasonable than mine, so hopefully you will be able to convince them to let you have the bunny indoors. Good luck persuading them, I wish you the best! :biggrin2:

Thanx Little Bay Poo

I hope I don't sound mean =[

But I don't think a petition would justify as responsibility. You need to present to your parents how responsible you are.

Don't worry you don't sound mean - i have decided to let someone delete the petition thread - even though they know how responisble i am and i don't see why it would bother them anyway they don;t have to do anything with it - just drive me to the vets!!!!:biggrin2:

its only my dad that needs persuadeing now my mum Aunty nan and sister all want a rabbit.

we are getting two bunnies that are going to live in our playhouse i managed to persuade him - i am so great - my voice is killing me now becasue i was talking to my dad for so long - ouch i can't wait

Latest posts

Back