Hormones or normal behavior

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caustin4

Reaction score
My 5 month old male English lop was neutered on August 16. Before he was neutered he was crazy around my spayed females, trying to hump them nonstop. It's been a month since he's been fixed and he's not as crazy, but still goes after my spayed English lop when they are together. He makes the honking noise and still spraying. I'm trying to bond him with two of my females, but my female elop finds his behavior annoying after a while. He doesn't try to hump my Californian though (at least not yet).

My question is, will he be like this forever, or is this still pre neuter hormones lingering around that will go away?

It took almost 2 months for Rudy (Mini Rex) to calm down after his neuter. He was a little over 1 year when he had his surgery. Of course, he may just got tired of being punched by Tinky my female French Lop. :biggrin:

At 1 month he could possibly still get a female pregnant, so he still has some hormones in his body. Another month it should have calmed down.

Latest posts

Back