Hoppy Hour

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rabbit Hero

Reaction score
Hi all, i know it's been a while....

For all of you that follow DisapprovingRabbits.com you'll have seen the posts about "Hoppy Hour". A place where people can bring their rabbits together to socialize.

Does anyone know of anything similar in the GTA? I would love to bring Shino, I think it he would have a blast. It would also be a great opportunity to finaly meet some other rabbit enthusiasts.

To be honest, it's not something I would do with my rabbits. While organizers can check over the rabbits and keep rabbits who are noticeably sick out, a rabbit could be sick and not have symptoms or have parasites that can be passed to the other rabbits. All the rabbits would have to be spayed or neutered, while it is easy to tell if a male is neutered, females are very hard to tell unless you can find a scar and even that can be very hard or impossible. Even if there is no breeding, an intact rabbit can be hormonal and become a nuisance for the other rabbits.
Even if all the rabbits are totally healthy and neutered, they don't always get along. Fights can break out and could get serious in just a few seconds. Neutered rabbits will still hump (not all, but some do), so that can annoy some rabbits. Bonded pairs could gang up on another rabbit or one could be too protective of their mate.
Rabbits really are not like dogs where they like to meet other rabbits and play. They tend to form closer bonds and stick to them.

I don't have a problem with people meeting with their rabbits, but the rabbits don't need to be playing around with each other. Some controlled contact can be ok with a few rabbits at a time, but a big free for all can be a disaster waiting to happen.
While the people who have the Hoppy Hour seem to make it work, it is not something I would participate in.

*Foot in mouth*, well clearly I didn't think that over to well. Thank you. That all sounds like more trouble then I would care to put Shino through.

I'll have to settle for hogging his adorableness all to myself. ^^

Latest posts

Back